• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What OS you currently using.

What OS you use on your computer?

• Total voters

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    To Yameneko! w00t! LINUX FOREVER!!! :p

Conor, bail out before you can. Win Vista is silly. :p My brother installed it and hated a lot of it. The things you needed a 3D accelerator for was basically a few screensavers in which could've easily been rendered in software.
    And there was a thing where it asked him where he lived at the end, he rebooted and he had to answer where he was again. :p

Anyway, I boot Debian since it rulz. I don't see why you put in all those Windows choices but labelled "Linux" as just plain "Linux". Seems a bit silly.
    Windows XP Pro I boot since there are a lot of things I use on Windows that aren't in Linux (Games and Visual Basic for example).

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2007
    Windows XP Pro, but I use Kubuntu (version of Ubuntu using KDE) sometimes.

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
    Joshy said:
    I don't see why you put in all those Windows choices but labelled "Linux" as just plain "Linux". Seems a bit silly.

One look at Distrowatch can give you the hint. Heck, one look at how many distros I've tried will clue you in: Mandriva, Fedora, Ubuntu, dyne:bolic, Knoppix, Kanotix, Mepis, PCLinuxOS, PCBSD... The list goes on.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Windows XP. <3
    I have a MAC in my room, but I'm not sure what kind it is.
    It doesn't have internet and currently doesn't have a monitor, so I never use it...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I got my laptop running on Windows XP Professional Edition.
    I want Vista on my laptop (it'd run it, HP.com said once the full ver of Vista came out it'd work on my laptop). But I guess I'll just wait to get it on my next computer (I dislike having 2 OS on the same computer, my dad has an old laptop that has 95 and 2000 and I don't like it).

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Yameneko549 said:
    One look at Distrowatch can give you the hint. Heck, one look at how many distros I've tried will clue you in: Mandriva, Fedora, Ubuntu, dyne:bolic, Knoppix, Kanotix, Mepis, PCLinuxOS, PCBSD... The list goes on.
    Yeah I know fully well how many are there, I'm no idiot. =/ But it seems a little unfair that Windows basically had all their little versions listed but not as plain "Windows".

Oh and I took a look at my brother's shoulder again when he was playing with his laptop. The best part of Vista: A small game called InkBall.

Trust me the rest really sucked. There's a bar at the side that puts links to things like "My Documents, My Computer, etc" that you can't get rid of and it puts the item details down the bottom.

And if you have the start bar on auto hide and it has a problem as a seperate item on the start bar but works behind the program, you don't know it's there because the bar doesn't pop up.

Alex The Great Master

Zeophyte in Eternal Exile
    Years
    XP. Tried to install Kororaa (a Linux distro), but I made a miskake and erased one of my drives. Since then my dad doesn't allow me to install Linux in my computer till he gets a new one.

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    I have Windows on this PC. I'll probably be getting a Mac Laptop before I go to college.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Haha, I'm the only one on 2000 so far? Wow. o_o;;

Yeah, my dad refuses to get XP and he won't let me get it from someone else to install. So instead we run Windows 2000 Pro on all our computers. I can't really complain, though--before that, we were running Windows ME which is just...beyond terrible. Oh, how I loathed it. ><;

We're likely getting a new computer after Vista comes out, though. o.o We're so overdue for one since, well, our newest computer (my used laptop not included XD) is from 1996. (Or was it '98?)

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    I'm using Windows XP of course. Wow I wish you time would speed up for you to get that new computer lol.

Back