• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What other Alola forms would you like to see?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Give me an Alola Bellossom. Have it with yellow hibiscus flowers -- Hawaii's state flower -- on its head instead. As for typing, perhaps Grass/Fairy or Grass/Electric? Could be interesting. But seeing as Bellossom is one of the most tropical looking Pokemon in the series, it would be a waste to not give it an Alola form.

Years
    Oh, if we're thinking about tropical Pokemon then Corsola wouldn't be bad with a different typing. Perhaps Water/Grass or Water/Steel or something else entirely. I'd love to see multiple variations, like a brain coral that would be part Psychic or one called a dragon-eye zoanthid which would be, naturally, part Dragon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I want more unexpected Pokemon. Maybe if someone told me Ninetales was getting a new type I would have guessed Fairy, but NEVER Ice! I want to see more Pokemon like that. Like potentially the Fire-type Marowak or something else like a Fairy-type Dragonite. As long as they're not atrocious like Exeggutor. Sorry.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I've actually seen a lot of people wanting an Alolan Arcanine form, it seems like the ideal Pokemon for one. Personally I'd like to see an Electric-type Alolan Arcanine.

Yeah this is what I was thinking as well. Lightning seems that it would match it a bit better. I don't know why it would have to adapt to water when there is water everywhere, but who knows.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I can see an Alolan Tropius that has his banana like fruits around his neck growing bigger.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm worried that this may take some Pokémon off the list of "able to get a Mega Evolution," so I compiled it with that in mind.

Raichu
    Hoothoot/Noctowl
    Natu/Xatu
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Shuckle
    Mantyke/Mantine
    Stantler
    Masquerain
    Milotic
    Roselia/Roserade
    Kricketot/Kricketune
    Burmy/Wormadam
    Shellos/Gastrodon
    Tangrowth
    Regigigas
    The Elemental Monkeys
    Pidove line
    Roggenrola line
    Timburr line
    Tympole line
    Sewaddle line
    Venipede line
    Cottonee/Whimsicott
    Petilil/Lilligant
    Basculin
    Darmanitan
    Scraggy/Scrafty
    Vanillite line
    Frillish/Jellicent
    Stunfisk
    Vivillon
    Florges line
    Clauncher/Clawitzer (mantis shrimp please)
    Goomy line

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2018
    I just hope that the variants span to more than just a few Gen I pokémon. Given that Vulpix and Sandshrew are version exclusive in RBG, I'm kind of hoping this is hinting at their exclusive counterparts - Growlithe and Ekans - having variant forms as well.

I'm hoping this too. But I was also thinking something else. In Hawaii, snakes aren't allowed. If they wanted to stick true to Hawaiian culture, Ekans & Arbok are ixnay.

Edit: I personally am curious to see if the next batch are going to be other gen 1 exclusives, or perhaps gen 2 exclusives? Will be interesting to see what comes next.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    I like a lot of idea here...

I can't really come up with my own though. Like a lot of them may be predictable. Then there are those that are going to be completely wild and crazy like Icepix.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I'm expecting the Ekans line to get an Alola form since its version counterpart, the Sandshrew line, also has an Alola form. Same goes for the Machop line since the Abra line is rumored to have an Alola form as well. Them switching types would make sense, and since Machamp is partly based on Shiva (four arms), I'm expecting its possible Alola form to use that design inspiration to the fullest.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    My favorite Pokemon is Marowak so of course I would like it, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I would love to see some weaker Pokemon to have a new form, the type change, the ability, and the move change (if it happen) might help some of them. Delcatty, for example.

I can see an Alolan Tropius that has his banana like fruits around his neck growing bigger.

Or maybe another fruit?

Years

I could envision an Alola Form of Marowak looking something like this.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was thinking the other day that I'd like to see Nosepass evolve into a Rock/Grass Probopass because it wasn't able to evolve normally because of living in Alola. (it has a location based evolution)

A Probopass covered in moss and vines could be pretty cool.

I'm expecting the Ekans line to get an Alola form since its version counterpart, the Sandshrew line, also has an Alola form. Same goes for the Machop line since the Abra line is rumored to have an Alola form as well. Them switching types would make sense, and since Machamp is partly based on Shiva (four arms), I'm expecting its possible Alola form to use that design inspiration to the fullest.

Just because they have a relation doesn't mean they'll get the same treatment. Look what happened to Slowking, it didn't get a mega just because Slowbro did. Same goes for Froslass and Glalie.

Years
    I was thinking the other day that I'd like to see Nosepass evolve into a Rock/Grass Probopass because it wasn't able to evolve normally because of living in Alola. (it has a location based evolution)

A Probopass covered in moss and vines could be pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing that happen since we haven't had any Rock/Grass-types outside of the Lileep line and considering Alola is a very natural region it would be nice to see it covered in moss which causes it to gain Grass-type.

Years
    I'm guessing GF will make a few more Kanto Pokemon have Alolan forms so I really wanna see Gyarados and Nidoking/Nidoqueen get these forms. Crystal Onix would make sense because it's "unique from other Onix in that it can live in water without being hurt by it. Its glass skin also gives it a special resistance to Water-type attacks." It has clearly adapted to its surroundings like other Alolan Pokemon so maybe we'll see Onix get an Alola form too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Just because they have a relation doesn't mean they'll get the same treatment. Look what happened to Slowking, it didn't get a mega just because Slowbro did. Same goes for Froslass and Glalie.

Well I also don't want the number of Alola forms to be oversaturated with Fighting types, making the Machop line Psychic types for their Alola forms would help counter it.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well I also don't want the number of Alola forms to be oversaturated with Fighting types, making the Machop line Psychic types for their Alola forms would help counter it.

Sure but there are other fighting type Pokemon they could turn into Psychic types.

Personally I'd like to see Makuhita and Hariyama as Psychic types.

Years

If that rumor of a Water-type Alola Form for Arcanine turns out real I would love to see it look like this. Gives off some Vaporeon vibes in this picture, so I also kinda hope it can be set apart in a way.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Litwick but instead of a wax candle it's made from the kukui nut, since they're commonly used as candles and such. Prof. Kukui could have one maybe. I don't know what type it would be, though. Fire/Grass maybe?

Still hoping for a mantis shrimp Clauncher/Clawitzer Water/Fire line. Please.

And now that a friend mentioned it to me, Lumineon could use an Alola form since it could be made more colorful/tropical and it could help give it more of a presence, since it's usually forgotten...

Also if the Johto starters got Alola forms, Meganium could have a lei around its neck. In the image with the Alola Exeggutor, there's an old man next to said Exeggutor with a Meganium-patterned shirt. It may not mean much, but I think the Johto starters "fit" Alola well enough to warrant forms. Here's to hoping!

And, as always, Raichu, no Pikachu. Please and thank you.

Back