• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What other Alola forms would you like to see?

Years

They're confirmed fakes (the text and the type symbols are the wrong font and color) unfortunately but a Water/Flying Delibird and Fairy/Psychic Jynx would have been very cool concepts for Alola Forms.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Sure but there are other fighting type Pokemon they could turn into Psychic types.

Personally I'd like to see Makuhita and Hariyama as Psychic types.

There's still a possibility that the Alola forms are only for Kanto Pokémon, so I imagine the Psyduck line and Poliwag line to be possible candidates for being Psychic types.

Years
    Going to be blunt for a moment: it'd be a dumb move on Game Freak's part to limit it to just Kanto Pokemon only. ._. It may seem like Kanto is getting some preferential treatment, but I'm sure Pokemon from other generations are going to get some Alola forms, also.

I can understand this, because while it is the 20th anniversary which is understandable for all the 1st Gen pandering that is happening (as shown with the VC release of the original Kanto games and the presence of only 1st Gen in the roster for GO) and while I'd love to see more Alola Forms I'd love to not see as much for the 1st Gen Pokemon because it could risk coming at the expense of other Pokemon that could have deserved one instead.

Look at how many 1st and 3rd Gen Pokemon received Megas, I don't want too much pandering to a certain generation when it comes to the Alola Forms. I want them evenly distributed unlike the Megas which currently have two generations with only one Mega-capable Pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I can understand this, because while it is the 20th anniversary which is understandable for all the 1st Gen pandering that is happening (as shown with the VC release of the original Kanto games and the presence of only 1st Gen in the roster for GO) and while I'd love to see more Alola Forms I'd love to not see as much for the 1st Gen Pokemon because it could risk coming at the expense of other Pokemon that could have deserved one instead.

Look at how many 1st and 3rd Gen Pokemon received Megas, I don't want too much pandering to a certain generation when it comes to the Alola Forms. I want them evenly distributed unlike the Megas which currently have two generations with only one Mega-capable Pokemon.

One of the sad things about this is that there does exist Pokémon fans who prefer using Kanto Pokémon over the newer ones or else they'll lose interest in the series again if the Pokémon they grew up with aren't available in the newer games. Take this guy for example:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I loved all the concept we saw here! The Marowak one is so cool, I wish it will happen!
    I'm kinda sad we didn't got the ice vulpix first and the fire one as the Alola form, since a fire type fit best with a tropical island.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Considering Exeggutor got an Alolan form because of the sunlight in Alola Sunflora seems the next one to get an Alolan form too.

Grass/Fire Alola Sunflora maybe.

Sirfetch’d

If any generation should receive pandering, it should be Gen II. Do you know how many Johto Pokemon would kill for a Mega or even a decent Alola form? I guess some of them got a Mega (Tyranitar, Heracross, Ampharos, maybe some others I forgot?), while others got evolutions in Gen IV, (Piloswine, Porygon2), but a large portion of the dex still needs some love...

I agree! Which is why I think an Alolan Girafarig would be quite a cool concept. I'd really like to see some type of adaptation of it where it's tail head has grown some. Meganium is kind of tropicalish so maybe an Alolan Meganium could happen(or alolan johto starters in general). This would make a lot of people happy since they were looked over when mega evolutions were a thing.

t0gekiss

An Alolan Wheezing would be cool, it could be a Fire-Poison type and it would be found near a volcano, which makes sense since Volcanoes can give off deadly fumes aswell.

Sirfetch’d

I just realized how hard it would be saying Alola Alomomola if we got one. I actually kinda want one now....

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Alolan Dwebble: Easy aesthetic switch to the seaside hermit crab. Water/Rock or Water/Bug.
    Alolan Xatu: This would be really interesting if they incorporate a totemic motif to this psychic bird.
    Alolan Heliolisk: Fire/Electric, there you go.
    Alolan Vanillite: They could go wild with all the tropical flavours here. I'm gonna be disappointed if the creative design team does not leap at the chance.
    Alolan Sableye: Ice/Ghost, eats ice and the eyes turn into ice crystals or something.
    Alolan Aerodactyl: How about a Rock/Dragon at last?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I agree! Which is why I think an Alolan Girafarig would be quite a cool concept. I'd really like to see some type of adaptation of it where it's tail head has grown some. Meganium is kind of tropicalish so maybe an Alolan Meganium could happen(or alolan johto starters in general). This would make a lot of people happy since they were looked over when mega evolutions were a thing.

That would make a lot of sense if we got Alola Johto starters rather than Megas! I would still like to see some new Megas and not have them completely abandoned for these new formes, though :( And it looks like so far we've only had Kanto mons. I really, really hope they expand to other generations; I understand why they are going for Kanto (at least first if they end up doing more later), but they're going to miss out on so many good designs if they don't keep all their options open.

Years
    I just thought about this one... I want to see a Psychic-type Alolan Psyduck and Golduck since they are often mistaken for Psychic-types and learn some Psychic-moves, but aren't Psychic-types themselves. An Alola Form would definitely fix that issue.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Im sorry, but I just dislike all this "Alola forms" concept. What is it that is so special about Alola that Pokemon need to adjust its environment rather than to other regions?
    I would be happier if GF would just go on with mega evolutions instead

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years

I could envision an Alola Form of Marowak looking something like this.

Omg... I Got It!!!
    And I can't believe how close to this fakemon is...

I agree with colours' list. Gen2 is my favorite and they are too often forgotten. Just look at the mega evolutions how they almost didn't touched this generation (do we have a gen2 Mega?)

blue

gucci
    Years
    I wonder if we will see any Alolan forms further than Gen I Pokemon? We've only seen a handful but all of them are from Kanto so far. I can think of so many great Pokemon that would be perfect for an Alolan form so I'm really hoping this isn't something that is purely restricted to just Gen I.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    After seeing this new batch with Meowth and Marrowack, I'm hoping that they give us some more brightly-colored Alola Formes. Between the Vulpix and Sandshrew line and with Meowth and Marrowack having "cold" color schemes, I'm slowly starting to loose interest in Alola Formes all together. That sounds really weird, but it's hard for me to describe... I think it's because when I think of the colors and their typings(Ice, Ghost, and Dark), it makes me think of depression. Like Kanto has turned emo or something lol.

Back