• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokémon are you training?

EliteNeutrono37

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    I'm training a Rampardos to match the rest of my Pokemons' levels. This was without cheating, but the average level of my Pokemon is 71 or 72. My highest leveled Pokemon is my Typhlosion at level 75! My lowest leveled Pokemon in my party is my Metagross at level 68. I plan on getting Rampardos to at least 50, then I'll use him for other things like the Battle Frontier.

P.S.: This is all on HeartGold. I did some trading from my friend's Diamond version to get it. For some bizarre reason, he didn't want to regenerate the fossil first. So, he traded a Bidoof HOLDING the fossil. Meh, who's complaining? NOT ME!

P.S.S.: The Metagross was imported from my Ruby version, then traded to my Pearl version, then traded to Platinum, then traded to HeartGold.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I am endlessly training Persian on Platinum. I have no idea what-so-ever to why I am doing this. It is at level 68 at the moment.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
    I am mainly training for the Sinnoh League, mainly I am training a Luxio(Lvl47 trying to get him to 50-55) and a Staraptor(Lvl52trying for 55ish). Lols so I am hoping that once my training is done I can get past Cynthia (because I can on a luck battle get past everybody else).

RivalShaemus

Mr. X, they Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    Destined for Lv.100 Sharpedo

I am training for a Lv.100 Sharpedo, Its Lv. 65 now.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    My bro's Typloshin.
    He paid me 10 bucks, so...

Thats funny to hear caz my little sister is having me train her torterra for her...but im doing it free :D
    Reason im doin it free thou is caz shes my sister plus she has school starting tommorow again and im done school so i normally sit around the house all day and do noting but pokecommunity,play pokemon or watch tv.

Doughnutx23

Experienced Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    I just finished training a new Infernape to 100 a few days ago, took me like 20 trips in the pokemon league. Now I'm looking for an adamant abra on my ss so I could catch the shiny gyarados there and trade it over to my platinum :cheeky:. I can't find that damn abra though, so I might just breed a normal magikarp in Pt lol.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Training

Currently training Bronzong-Lv 36 and Empoleon-Lv 37. I only have those two pokemon, and what is so amazing is the fact that I only got two badges at the moment, I mean, I caught Bronzor at level 12 and trained it by pure grass means, all wild pokemon level 10-15 the whole time...such patience I got. I know I am not the only one though.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    At the moment, I'm grinding my level 9 Turtwig to level 12, perhaps.

I've just finished training a level 2 Starly to level 9. Boy, that was a long half hour.

Years
    Does everyone normally train just one Pokemon at once? That must get dull, I train multiple Pokemon at one (e.g. get x to a certain level then train y till it's the same level then switch to z to get it to that level) then all my Pokemon are of a similar level so I have more choice when i'm battling and it is better for gyms and team Galatic.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Does everyone normally train just one Pokemon at once? That must get dull, I train multiple Pokemon at one (e.g. get x to a certain level then train y till it's the same level then switch to z to get it to that level) then all my Pokemon are of a similar level so I have more choice when i'm battling and it is better for gyms and team Galatic.

I agree that is how you should play thru out the game and not let one pokemon get to high and the other ones low.

Years

Yep, that's exactly how I train my Pokemon. :>
    It makes things way easier, and you don't have to stick to just one Pokemon when you're battling a Gym Leader/Team Galactic member.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'm training my Eevee right now. Soon he'll be an awesome Umbreon.

Back