• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrayz

The (Un)Official Name Rater
    Years
    Kool guys and people tell me about the other two starters aswell please-Thank You!

Kool guys and peope say why you did not choose the others.

Last edited:

centi

Gundam Pilot Reporting!
    Years
    on my diamond i started with Chimchar, cause hes a freakin monkey on fire!!! So hes awesome. On my Pearl i started with Turtwig, i have to say he is really weak but good if u like to absorb health from a foe's pokemon

Kagome

Just here...
    Years
    • Age 28
    • TX
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    on pokemon diamond i start with Piplup and now with it its empolen at lv.100

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    lol-good for u m8. One question Why?

I looked into what he evolved into, i liked the Grass/ Ground idea, i heard he was pretty powerful, and i wanted to do something different. (Alot of people like to pick Chimchar)

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I picked Chimchar because of the good Attack and Speed stat so i could train him faster

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
    I started out with piplup and I adore it!!...but has anyone noticed that fire seems to be a viable choice in all Pokemon games (charmander, cyndiquil, torchic, chimchar)?...I always pick water (except when it comes to Chickorita) and the last two water starters have been exceptionally good. Empoleon has great defense. Whenever I go onto Battle Rev. with my Empoleon, most attacks don't put a dent in its defenses. You just have to give it good counter attacks (i.e. Hydro Cannon, Grass Knot, Ice beam, Surf).

Kuri

Lord Mcfatty
    Years
    I started with Piplup because I had yet to start with a water pokemon (Charmander/Chikorita/Treecko). On top of being adorable, its very strong. =D

I didn't choose Chimchar because...I don't know...it didn't look to appealing to me. Don't really like monkeys.
    Also I didn't choose Turtwig because I wanted to back away from the grass pokemon for a bit and I thought that there would be plenty of other grass pokemon early in the game.

Years
    On Pearl, I started with Turtwig until my Brother started over again so I moved to Diamond and chose Piplup as my Starter. I find them both Equally Balanced with their own individual Strenghts and Weaknesses. That leaves Chimchar for me to assess. This Thread, by the way is good for finding out what people think of the Diamond/Pearl Starters. I'll give it 4 Stars out of 5.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I picked Chimchar. I always pick the fire types in the game. They always seem to be better later on in the game than the others.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I always pick the fire ones as well. I prefer them over the grass and water.

Ikouze

♫希望の音♫
    Years
    I was going to pick chimchar cause i always (like everyone else) choose fire pokemon but it looked crap (literally) so i choose piplup. now i feel dirty.... :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back