• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    Of course. I still go through multiple times, I just can't help but hold tradition with always starting my first one with a grass type. To be honest, I was disappointed with all three of the starters this time. Infernape had the weakest defenses of any starter to date, nothing about Empoleon stood out except its nifty type combination, and you've already heard my complaints about Torterra. If nothing else, I love how Torterra looks. Like a little walking planet.

PeeKaChu

Pika!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2008
    lol @ walking planet

yea the starters this time around make it easy for people to give them up and move on to the better pokes.. unlike the originals where your starter was ur little tag-a-long throughout the entire duration of your playing experience

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    I agree with that completely, but after getting used to my Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur being my constant companion and being able to keep up no matter what I fought, I can't help but miss the comradery. Call me sentimental, I guess.

*Pets a Venusaur on its abnormally large head*
    "Good boy, Thorn..."

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    "CHIMCHAR! I CHOOSE YOU!"

Yeah... for some reason I always choose the Fire-type the first time (and I'm a girl)
    then if I decide to restart (after, of course, putting all my GOOD/favorite pokes on another cart) I choose the Water one, then play as a boy o_O
    Third time, I dunno... on Emerald (same region, so... 3rd time I guess) I was a girl and got Treeko so...

ZAPPERMASTER

Banned
    Years
    start

I all ways start with grass tapy sometimes water.

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

Last edited:

NitroZ3R0

Kanto's Hero
    Years
    I picked chimchar but now I regret it and wish ide picked the grass starter, I never liked the new starters but ill admit they've grown on me..
    I still dont understand how people can abandon the original kanto starters, they are like family to me because ive known them for so many years and i cant help but have atleast one in my team.
    Even while I was playing through sinnoh my team felt empty withought charizard or Brute root..

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2008
    Ever since RBY I've chosen the water starters (Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip and their evolutions are my favourites). However I chose Turtwig first of all on Pearl because 1) my cousin chose Piplup... and 2) it reminds me of the great space turtle which hosts the Diskworld on its back (A Tuin). :]

More often than not I abandon my starter to the pokémon storage box, my current re-start of Pearl is going all Bug. :D

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I picked Piplup on Pearl, Turtwig + Chimchar on different Diamond games, both of which I've deleted... restarting with Piplup, as I don't like the other two, which I now know ;)

Years
    I choose piplup, but i never use it anymore, i think its a level 13 stored in my box or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back