• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    I chose Turtwig...because I just chose him...I like the colour GREEN to. So yea...

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    Turtwig.. its sooo cuuuteeee ><

Actually I took him because of his final form.. Torterra pwns ><

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I started with Piplup...but I got the other 2 starters a few days later so it didn't really matter either way. ^.^

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    On my first run I started with Turtwig and it was really enjoyable. On my second playthrough I chose Chimchar and had a friend trade me Piplup and Turtwig.

2B a master

retired trainer
    Years
    I started out with piplup. Now it is an empoleon. Now I barely use it but i wouldn't trade it cuz I never trade my starter pkmn away. I don't know why I chose a water type starter. In the past games I usually chose the fire type starter except the very first time I played pokemon. I chose squirtle in blue version.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    Jeez, reading this all, I feel slightly inclined to stick up for Turtwig and Torterra... but I guess some people just don't like grass types all that much.

Years
    I chose Piplup, for no outstanding reason really, other than some video I watched showed him using Piplup + evolutions, and them looking good, so thought I'd pick it. Not a fan of any of the 3 really though. I don't have my Empoleon anymore.

Forgiven

Sleatford champion 07-08
    Years
    lol i choose piplup then when i got to jubilife city i traded it over to my diamondand breeded it with a ditto then took all the piplups around the elite 4 intill i got them to lvl 40 then by that time i had got 5 badges on pearl so then i traded them back now i have a team of shiny empoleaons becouse my ditto was shiny :-)

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
    i started with turtwig in my diamond but i dont use it in my team anymore, and when i got pearl i started with piplup.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    I technically have all three starters thanks to a trading session when we first started playing. But my original starter was a Chimchar.

2B a master

retired trainer
    Years
    lol i choose piplup then when i got to jubilife city i traded it over to my diamondand breeded it with a ditto then took all the piplups around the elite 4 intill i got them to lvl 40 then by that time i had got 5 badges on pearl so then i traded them back now i have a team of shiny empoleaons becouse my ditto was shiny :-)
    Just because your ditto was shiny doesn't mean the hatched pokemon had to be shiny.
    Either you were very lucky or cheated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back