• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meezu

Stealing your food since 1994
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2013
    Chimchar. I hate Empoleon and Torterra just isn't as interesting as it could be.
    As someone else put it, Infernape looks like its head exploded, haha xD
    Mine took me through 3/4 of the game before I finally relented and trained a few extra Pokes for the Elite 4.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    chimchar. the flaming money all the way. oh yeah. ive gots a question. why do so many people insist on using ledgendaries online when they require no skill...

Budgie

Life is music, play it louder!
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2008
    Piplup all the way!
    (s)he's sooo cute and like aww :L

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2010
    I choose Turtwig cause, well, cause.
    I seem to have a thing for Grass Type Starters.

Vexar

Trainer
    Years
    Eh.. I find it easiest to play the game starting off with Chimchar..
    Catch a budew.. Use chim's Taunt to catch an abra.. get a starly.. get a bidoof You're good forever after that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i chose chimchar cuz i'd always heard that the fire type was always a challenge to beat the game with, and i wanted a challenge, but once he evolved into an infernape, it was easier than i thought.

chaotic_soma

Chaotic little devil anyone?
    Years
    I started out with turtwig cause in my first run through i always choose the grass starter but i realised how crap he was and restarted choose chimchar andwent through the game with a roserade instead.

meee its all about meeee

Is Currently In Outer Space
    Years
    the cool kids pick chimchar mostly girls pick piplup and then turtwig is picked up by nerds, geeks, and other outkasts
    i picked chimchar as a starter and i didnt regret it at all
    i have all three now but i still use infernape the most and surprisingly empoleon was a good pokemon had to use tms kuz it learns no good moves until late in its life like lv45 he learned hydro pump and drill peck and i taught it steel wing of course with the boost metal coat) and ice beam
    infenape learned close combat, flamethrower i taught it shadow claw, and thunderpunch (through a tm givin to me)
    toterra is good but not that good
    i taught him: earthquake, leaf storm (with boost item miracle seed of course), crunch, and stone edge
    he learned earthquake and crunch
    overall all starters are good but the best choice is infernape but thats just my opinion but then again ive always started with the fire poke because there usually the best out of the rest

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    I chose turtwig,which I named leaf as my starter. I leveled him to 100 before never using him for some reason.

Uruss

Bill The Butcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Piplup, i usually always choose the water type as starters, plus empoleon looks really cool

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I always seem to choose the water pokemon...Well actually let me remember way back when... I know the last two games it has been the water one.
    Alright my list of starters from the beginning:
    Bulbasuar
    Cyndaquil
    Mudkip
    Piplup.

And they all did me good fighting in my first position all the way through the Elite 4!

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    In my jap, i started with Turtwig, on my eng pearl piplup, and on my eng diamond, i started with Chimchar. So... yeah, but my main game is on my Eng pearl, and traded basically everything of worth over from my jap and diamond, so i'll just stick with Piplup, lol

Forbidden

dark inside
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    I bought Pearl version first and started with a chimchar. I like all the starters.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    turtwig b/c everyone got the other two... i wanted to be different...unfortuantely, he was the worst of the 3.. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back