• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gree Lee

LeeDiamonds
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2014
    I chose Piplup because i didnt think it would evolve into a fat pengiune!

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    I chose chimchar because in every other game I always start with the grass starter and I thought I'd try a different one for once. Also because I was planning on getting a milotic and a leafeon later in the game but I dont normally make room for a fighting type so infernape with fire/fighting seemed good to me

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I picked Piplup because I'm a weakness and resistance freak. Empoleon is second to Dialga in Resistences and Weaknesses, I think.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    I started with Chimchar because I love monkey's, but also, I always tend to start with the fire types in Pokemon, it's my fave type after all, and really, with a serious lack of others. Ponyta is just nto something I would use for a large portion of any game.

And with the over abundance of Water types, I didn't have any problem choosing one, just ended up being Psyduck.

Last edited:
    Years
    I started with Chimchar in Diamond, just because it rocks, and infernape is one of the coolest sweepers.

In Pearl I started with Piplup because I longed to own a penguin who would evolve and become a serious special wall with some great attacks.

In my opinion though, I do prefer Chimchar to Piplup.

Turtwig is my least favourite.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2008
    I started with Turtwig 'cause I could really care less for the main adventure, I just wanted to get to the competitive battling part ASAP, and I thought that the grass starter would be the easiest to start with like most other Pokemon games. But if I had known that Infernape would become OU, I would have chosen Chimchar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back