• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flan

has the bird flu.
Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    I chose Turtwig first, on my Japanese Diamond.
    And then once my English Diamond arrived, I chose Piplup.
    I bought English Pearl a month later, and chose Chimchar.

Years
  • Turtwig Pride

Turtwig is best it is just the best yes it dose have more weeknesses but by the time the other pokemon gets to attack you its already over for them hes just that good so got turtwig live on for ever

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I started with turtwig. Now its a torrterra lv 60
    sweeper.

Last edited:

speedhost101

Electric pokemon master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    I started with piplup.
    (Ignore this text.I need at least 25 characters.)

grassguy

All hail Grovyle!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    I originally started with piplup coz I thought it would evolve into the fast one of the three but hated the last evolution so much so then I started with Chimchar and thought it was okay. I have yet to try it with turtwig but it's my favourite of the three ATM. I thought the newest 107 pokemon weren't very traditional pokemon and started to get less original. The older games didn't have the pokemon of time or the Pokemon of nightmares, they just had legendaries that were just there for no reason.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Well, discluding my first Blue version (which lost all it's data thanks to me being a little kid who let the big kids mess with my game via a game shark) where I started with Charmander, I always start with the water type on my first time around, and Diamond was no exception. If a third game in the D/P set ever comes out, I'm planning on going for Turtwig.

As for what I think of the starters, I love everything about the Turtwig line. Absolutely nothing wrong with it in my book. As far as Chimchar's line goes, it's okay... but also a Torchip ripoff. A good starter, but I would have liked something... new. :D;;; The Piplup line is alright, though Prinplup has gotta be one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. Still, I love it.

Uh er sorry if that offends anyone, just telling it like it is :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    I picked Piplup for some reason, I'm not sure why, maybe penguins are just cool.

Years
  • I started off with Piplup because I saw his final evolution and it looked amazing, but then once I got my swampert from diamond I forgot about him.

Divine~Deoxys

I started with Chimchar but i think that Torterra and Empoleon are mint. Each starter can take out the other coz fight good on Empoleon, Empoleon learn Drill Peck an Torterra learn EQ

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
  • I started with a Chimchar, but it's an irritating little thing. I kinda wish I'd chosen Piplup now, but I'm too lazy to restart the game.
    Torterra looks pretty awesome too /:

TheNewFireEagle

The Poke'mon Adviser
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Alright, since I'm new here and I don't have a nintendo ds or a poke'mon pearl nor diamond anymore, I started with Piplup because it murdered the first gym leader. Yeah I know Piplup not a great poke'mon to start with(since all of the people around me says Chimchars the best) but when it turns into Empoleon it will dominate any poke'mon there is.

KurosakiKun

Shoop da whoop!
    Years
  • I chose Chimchar, because I'd never chosen a fire starter before and felt like a change. It's served me well, too, and has been the powerhouse of my non-ev team throughout the game.

I did end up getting all 3 from friends though.

Pokégirl1

Pokégirl
    Years
  • I chose Piplup because I love penguins. But next time I will choose Chimchar,he is awesome. My husband chose him and he is great when he evolves

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back