• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2008
    yeah!!

yeah!! i love monkey type pokemon.. so i choosed cimchar.. and my favest pokemon is AIPOM.. hehe.. another monkey shape pokemon

.:The_Lost_Realm:.

~ Will be away, Be back soon
    Years
  • I chose Piplup.

Most of the time, Water types go well with completing the story with ease IMO.

If that's not the case, I would've chose Chimchar for competitive battling but I can trade for 1 and breed/train 1 later in the game anyway.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    hmm the fire type chimchar is what i started off at the first, probably because knowing how torchic, which also evolves into fire/fighting is that strong. It would stand me in good stead with a such a gd pokemon early in the game, considering before i started playing i heard that there are few gd fire types readily available in the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2008
    i started with piplup as he had the advantage always when he was leveled up a little bit cause when he hadlearn peck he could beat turtwig and when he had learn bubble he could beat monferno

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I started off with a Chaimchar, I hate the Inferno sprite though -_-

Ris

Wee.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    Piplup.

Reason 1: Empoleon's really good.

Reason 2: Cute little thing.

~Ris

Years
  • im not 100% sure if i already ansered this but i started with chimchar but then i went on wikipedia and i realised it is good but turtwig is better so i restarted the game and then pplayed it thought with turtwig

SkyeSlipstream

King of Crazy™
    Years
  • Piplup was my choice, simply because penguins are awesome.
    Plus his final evolution was Water and Steel, which is a good combination.
    I was going to go with Turtwig, but he seemed a little slow.

Kinshi

Cowboy Beboper
    Years
  • Me and my friends made a deal we would all get different starters. I was the last one to get the game so I was stuck with Turtwig. But I don't mind I love the good old turtle. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    I always chose turtwig whenever I start a new game on diamond/pearl but I use to always pick the water ones in past generations. I don't know why I changed my mind to grass.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • My first play through I went with Piplup...really just flipping a coin between it and Chimchar. I personally dislike all the 4th gen starters and imo the 1st and 2nd gens had the best starters

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back