• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What pokemon did you use your master ball on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
  • I have not used my masterball at all yet.
    I am planing to use it on those annoying wild legendaries. They just tick my off alot, so Imma be like >:| MASTERBALL GOOO D:< hahha. But yeah that's about it.

Venzeron

Canine Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I caught thundurus with the Watchog hypnosis/meanlook combination using a dusk ball. I used my 1st masterball on Tyranitar(shiny) and I still have my second, shooting for a third. I was so shocked when that man on the beach said, "I found a masterball, but I have amother si you can have it. come back tomorrow."
    Zekrom. I just wanted to catch it as fast as possible so I could continue with the final bosses. Besides, I don't see myself catching any of the roaming Legendaries any time soon, anyway.
    You can catch Zekrom by throwing a regular pokeball at it, without even inflicting damage. He want's to Join you.
    I wish I had a snagball...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    I have two master balls because I played through the game once without using it, and then held on to it when I restarted. I used one on Landorus because I was so sick after hunting for thundurus and tornadus I just wanted to catch the dang thing. I'm thinking of using my other on Kyurem and soft resetting till I get a shiny. :)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I honestly don't know what people are thinking using master ball on zekrom/reshiram, even if they are "lazy"... It only took 2 ultraballs to catch mine :\ They'll probably regret it when they encounter a shiny or something >.>

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I haven't used the one that was given to me by Junpier, and I also have another one given to me by that guy in cestelia because I have traded more than 50 times. I haven't found any legenderies so far that hard to catch at all, I think I've already caught all the non-event ones. (Well, Victini too)

I hoping to save them for an event or to transfer them onto the next set of games. :3

Years
  • Kyurem's being difficult. I might use mine on him and get my second Masterball as I'm finishing my 'dex by trading. I'll use that on a shiny.

And... I caught my Zekrom with third Ultra ball. The only other legendary I have to catch is like, Landorus... or maybe some future event with Genesect or something, lol. Genesect...

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • All of you who used your Master Ball on Reshiram or Zekrom: Reshiram and Zekrom have a catch rate of 45 (255 is the highest possible catch rate), which is the same catch rate as a Deino. Throwing a normal Poke Ball at Reshiram or Zekrom at full health with no status ailment has a 5.9% chance of being successful. Do this with almost any other legendary, including Kyurem and Mewtwo, and the odds of catching it are 0.4% because their catch rate is 3. In other words, catching Reshiram and Zekrom is EASY. Volcarona is 3 times harder to catch, with a catch rate of 15.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • All of you who used your Master Ball on Reshiram or Zekrom: Reshiram and Zekrom have a catch rate of 45 (255 is the highest possible catch rate), which is the same catch rate as a Deino. Throwing a normal Poke Ball at Reshiram or Zekrom at full health with no status ailment has a 5.9% chance of being successful. Do this with almost any other legendary, including Kyurem and Mewtwo, and the odds of catching it are 0.4% because their catch rate is 3. In other words, catching Reshiram and Zekrom is EASY. Volcarona is 3 times harder to catch, with a catch rate of 15.
    Pretty much sums up the reason why I have to do a facepalm whenever I hear about someone wasting his/her masterball on a zekrom or reshiram... The only thing that can kinda alleviate this mistake is that you can get a second masterball in this game without much difficulty (if you have a friend).

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    I have managed to catch all of the legendaries i have encountered so far with ultraballs. Zekrom was particularly easy.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    I used my first Masterball on Zekrom (I'm too lazy to actually weaken it).
    Same here :/
    It's what I do on most mascots, only to use ultra balls/other balls on the harder ones later :P
    (i.e, My Genesect and Melotta. Or MutAnt and Melodi ><)

Years
  • I almost used it on Metagross. It's not a Legendary (pseudo, maybe) and it wasn't even Shiny, but I HATE pokemon with Catch Rates of 3. Even Metang has it. Why do they have to be so hard to catch. D:

I ended up using an Ultraball on it, so I got lucky. :P

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I still have yet to use my Master Ball actually. I don't really use it on any legendaries or Pokémon in the game though. I rather save it for something that may require me to use it, just because it would be so difficult to catch. n_n

Though there are ways to get more than one master ball in the game, it's kind of hard and until I'd have at least a couple of them, would I use it on something like roaming legendaries.

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I used my master ball on Tornadus
    I really don't want to bother fallowing him around!

Snegurochka

fire walk with me.
    Years
  • Like others have said, I will only use my Masterball if I come across a shiny, and even then I'll probably use a plain ol' Pokeball unless my team is so ridiculously overlevelled that it would result in a OHKO.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I mainly used my 1st masterball for the roamer. The 2nd masterball I got from trading with people, I do not know yet on whom to use it..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back