• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you use the most?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Like, which Pokemon have we used the most in total by playthroughs? Or which team member do we use a lot? By playthroughs, I've used a lot of Umbreon, Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Ludicolo. As for team members...I try to use them all evenly so they stay close in level. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I use guys like Tyranitar, Zapdos, Dragonite, and Snorlax most often in most if not all of my playthroughs nowadays.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Generally, I use my starters the most in-game, but in battle facilities, I use various Pokemon who have good type synergy together, like Ferrothorn and a Water Pokemon.

Years
  • Playthru, usually I carry my starter (in this case, Oshawott) .. and the team usually forms itself along the way. Currently, Stoutland and Krookadile are main stays, the other 3 spots usually rotate depending on what gym I'm facing and if I need to train someone as a back up. Gym encounters, kinda have more than one ideal poke to run through there. I usually end up over compensating, but it does give me a chance to learn another poke's strengths in the process.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    Honestly my most commonly used Pokemon is a bit of an odd choice. Its Pidgey and its evolutions, Pidgeotto and Pidgeot. To this day remains my favorite Bird evolution family, The moveset may be kinda simple but it gets the job done. After Pidgey and all its variations i would say which ever i choose for my starter in a given game is my most commonly used.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Lets see:

Red/Blue: Starmie :3 > Nidoking :3 > Pidgeot > Charizard > Lapras(and ALWAYS Farfetch'd and Lapras for slaves if i can)
    GSC: Kadabra/Alakazam > Ampharos :3 > Crobat :3 > Quagsire > Machoke/champ or Graveler/Golem
    RSE: Sableye > Blaziken > Milotic :3
    DPPt: Staraptor :3 > Torterra :3 > Skuntank
    BW: Emboar > Zebstrika

So many favorites!

Years
  • Mainly my starter in some games.

In Black, I do use my Gothitelle a lot in Trainer battles cos she is holding an Amulet Coin to help me bag extra money.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Most of the Pokemon I use in my games are my favorites. So I'll be using most of Meganium, Samurott, Umbreon, Leavanny, Mienshao, and many to name. But those that I just named are the ones I use oh so much in the games that I play.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I try and obtain an Aerodactyl in every game that I play, so I guess that would be my answer if the question refers to 'what Pokemon do you use the most for the entire series?' For the other potential question - 'what Pokemon do you currently use the most' - in my Black version, Lucario probably gets the most type coverage out of the critters in my team, so probably him.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I use my starters a lot. Also, in White, I've been using Pokemon like Braviary and Volcarona more often. Both of them (especially Volcarona) help me pound the Elite Four a thousand times.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Jolteon for number of different games used in; probably Farfetch'd for actual time used.
    I expect to see a lot of Archeops once I move on a generation.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I try my best to not use the same Pokemon every time I play through a game but I seem to find myself using the same types of pokemon. I rarely ever have any psychic, electric, dark, ice, steel pokemon.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I like diversity through the games but I find that Dragonite is always on my team haha. He's even better this gen with multiscale.

Castgurl

The Cuban Artist ~
    Years
  • Wow, hmmm let's see...

In Blue:

I always end up using Hypno or Rhydon the most.

In Gold:

I always used Feraligatr and Ampharos, they both could take hits well and always seem to pull through for me in the game, haha.

In Sapphire:
    Hm...I guess Swampert. He's beast :3 and Metagross

In Heart Gold: Charizard. Don't. Know. Whhhyyy lmao I always use him.

In Black: Krookodile. Crunch, hope for a one shot, repeat or get owned lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    If I had to choose one Pokemon that I use a lot, it would be Raticate. I don't know why, I usually never use the same Pokemon twice and I always dump my starters. But Raticate always works himself into my team somehow.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I always have in my party my water starter (except in D/P/P, where I choose the fire monkey because of Empoleon weaknesses), an eeveelution, and Zapdos.
    I own the last one, I confess, thanks to the Action Replay but shh, that's a secret :pink_tongue: .

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I always tend to use my started Pokemon the most, but currently in Pokemon White; I've been using Raichu a lot. It's the Pokemon that is always sent out first, so I got so use to using him.

Back