• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you want to see in the Alola Dex?

Years
  • Figured this should be a thing.

Anyways, as we likely know so far based on evidence from the trailers, it's likely Alola will be home to a mixed-generation roster of Pokemon again, featuring both newcomers and old faves, in a regional Dex that's divided into what appears to be four sections. Back with XY all the older generation Pokemon shown in the trailers ended up being part of the Kalos Dex, and SM's trailers so far have shown Gengar, Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp, with more oldies still likely to appear.

That said, what other Pokemon from Gens 1-6 are you hoping to see in the Alola Dex? Are you mostly hoping for the fan faves to return once again, or maybe see more underrepresented Pokemon show up again?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Since this is a tropical region, I could see Pokemon like Tropius and Exeggutor returning. Also, give Lilligant some love.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Ideally I'd like to see every Pokemon (maybe aside from most legendaries, or even legendaries considering ORAS was full of them) appearing in this game somehow. I think the QR code scanning could possibly allow for catching Pokemon in areas where you normally couldn't catch them. Which could increase the amount of Pokemon available in the region. I feel like with the addition of Pokemon Bank it'll be trivial to bring in old Pokemon now, so they might as well include as many of them as they can in Alola out of the gate. I also think with how this region seems to be less linear, there'll be more opportunities to hide Pokemon away in various locations.

Otherwise I wouldn't use them personally but I'd like to see the Cofugrigus and Reuniclus lines returning. Most of these guys really: https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

I feel like the Ratata family will probably appear on the first island since I could have sworn I saw somebody saying that Hawaii had a rat problem.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • A good mix from each Region would be nice. I would love to see a nice number of new Pokemon introduced with a balanced number of Pokemon from gens I-VI covering a range of typings. In Sinnoh there weren't near as enough Fire-types than there should have been for example. So yeah I really don't mind how the Pokedex is comprised just as long as it does contain some Pokemon from each generation so that there is a wide variety of choice for team building. A bonus would be to see some more evolutions/pre-evolutions introduced for older mons just like gen IV did.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am still not a fan of seeing a lot of old pokemon. I would rather it be like BW2. However I will say maybe half and half. I don't see us getting more than 135 pokemon like we did with Hoenn, so obviously there will be a lot of older pokemon. 380 old pokemon and 120 new. Legends would be a post game thing unless they treat older ones like they did with Mewtwo and the Legendary Birds in XY.

If there is a Dexnav again, I would love if it would include more pokemon that we couldn't chain with dexnav in ORAS.

And I am really still not a fan of the QR Scanner thing and I think it is a terrible idea to make it required to catch some pokemon, even though I already have a full PokeDex. All it tells me is that they want money. That is one main reason I really hate the Amibo crap that Game Freak has made, with character being around $10 to $20 bucks.

GajeelRedfox99

Pokémon Fantasy Developer
    Years
  • I would personally like to see the best pokeman: Stunfisk!
    JK XD
    I think it would be an interesting idea to have some of the old starters appear in the wild personally, like in some fan games, Game Freak seem to be throwing all sorts of things that you wouldn't expect at us, e.g. Rotom Pokedex, and both legendaries being weak to the types everyone thought they'd be, so I don't think we should push the idea out of the circle. Kukui said Alola was filled with rare pokemon, and the starter pokémon are considered rare, no?
    Other than that, I'd like to see a good mix of all gens, with gen 7 being the focus, e.g. in a pokédex of 450, each gen gets 30 pokémon in the dex, except for gen 7 which gets 150.
    Have a good day ~ Gajeel

Years
  • On the one hand it would seem a shame to me to not use all new Pokemon throughout the first play through, but on the other hand, I'd really like to catch an Alola Heracross to accompany me on my journey! Actually, I think I'd be quite sad if I couldn't catch a Heracross!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Personally I've been hoping for a while if I can see Eevee as part of the Alola Dex. Besides of that, I hope Tropius will be back as well.

Years
  • Well I can say that these Pokemon seem certainties to be in the Dex, judging by the trailers:
    Spoiler:

Already confirmed for the Alola Dex so far:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    Personally I've been hoping for a while if I can see Eevee as part of the Alola Dex. Besides of that, I hope Tropius will be back as well.

I know, Tropius would be cool considering his design, but in the end it's a very useless Pokémon. Not really useful to progress in the game.

However, if it gets a Mega with a lot of banana-cannons on his back, it would be really fun :D

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Basically Alola should be basically like Hoenn: lots of tropical Pokémon should live here. But that doesn't mean there can't be any Ice-types.

I'd expect a dex with lots of Water-, Grass-, Bug-, and probably Normal-type Pokémon.

I thought the Gen II starters should be in the dex as well.

Years
  • I'd really love to see Eevee & all Eeveelutions make it to the Alola Pokedex. In fact I'm also hoping for more Eeveelutions in Sun and Moon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Im hoping for eevee and its evolutions (+a new one) to make it in there. Eve was shown in the gameplay, but I don't know if it was a hint or a wonder trade into the game.

I would also think the Shiftry line would make it in there since he looks tribal. more pokemons looking like they have tribal masks could be cool.

Bellossum ... come on.. grass skirt and flower (could get a mega)

Solrock and lunatone .. obvious reasons

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I would like an Eeveelution trio in Alola, we are going back to Route 1 again for the 3rd time and we got one Eeveelution last gen compared to the duo we got after the original trio, so I would like another trio of Eeveelution this time.

The Trio that would work great would be Fighting/Flying/Rock.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would like an Eeveelution trio in Alola, we are going back to Route 1 again for the 3rd time and we got one Eeveelution last gen compared to the duo we got after the original trio, so I would like another trio of Eeveelution this time.

The Trio that would work great would be Fighting/Flying/Rock.

From what we know so far, I think the best ones would be Ground or Rock for the desert on big island. Bug possibly. Because of it being a tropical region and then something to match Sylveon. I am still wanting a poison type eevee, but I don't think there is a place that would go with poison. I don't think there is a swamp/wetlands anywhere. However, the ones I have said do not match at all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    Well, ofcourse I hope to see Lunatone and Solrock :) Preferably with a (mega) evolution/new form since the Pokémon represent a sun and moon.

Years
  • I know this is unrealistic, but I hope EVERY single Pokémon from previous games (and obviously more new ones.) are catchable in the Alola Region (Most being after beating the game, maybe traveling back to Kalos or another region.). Still keep a few game exclusives and maybe leave out a few legendarys, but for new players or people who don't want to spend multiple days transfering 718 individual Pokémon via Pokémon Bank it would be a real struggle or impossible to completely fill the National Pokedex. Like I said, I know it would probably never happen any time soon but it would make the games better in certain ways. Just my opinion though, What do you think about my idea?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I know this is unrealistic, but I hope EVERY single Pokémon from previous games (and obviously more new ones.) are catchable in the Alola Region (Most being after beating the game, maybe traveling back to Kalos or another region.). Still keep a few game exclusives and maybe leave out a few legendarys, but for new players or people who don't want to spend multiple days transfering 718 individual Pokémon via Pokémon Bank it would be a real struggle or impossible to completely fill the National Pokedex. Like I said, I know it would probably never happen any time soon but it would make the games better in certain ways. Just my opinion though, What do you think about my idea?

If they do this I imagine they'll keep some out of the regional dex, but available post game for the National Dex.

Years
  • Pokémons that could possibly have an appearance in Sun&Moon

Many different Pokémons coming from the different regions have relations to the sun, the moon, space or time. Pokédex entries are going to be the examples through this thread, explaining a Pokémon's natural appearance and how a certain Pokémon acts at daytime or nighttime.
    The sun is a big part of many different Pokémons, being a strong source for energy or power. Some Pokémons, Bellossom for example, are naturally attempting to gift the sun back, by doing all kinds of rituals.
    Helioptile Dex entry taken from X, OmegaRuby: "They make their home in deserts. They can generate their energy from basking in the sun, so eating food is not a requirement."
    Bellossom Dex entry taken from Gold, Stadium 2, LeafGreen, HeartGold, X: "Bellossom gather at times and appear to dance. They say that the dance is a ritual to summon the sun."

The moon is also known to be a source of life or energy for other Pokémons of other kinds. Some Pokémons are only awake at night, just in order to see the moon.
    Umbreon Dex entry taken from Emerald: "Umbreon evolved from exposure to the moon's energy pulses. It lurks in darkness and waits for its foes to move. The rings on its body glow when it leaps to attack."
    Clefairy Dex entry taken from Black2/White2: On nights with a full moon, Clefairy gather from all over and dance. Bathing in moonlight makes them float."

Just these two Pokémons could bring an example of what Pokémons you might find around Solgaleo's and Lunala's homes, if they lives on Earth. In my theory, Solgaleo and Lunala are going to have a battle Kyogre&Groudon style, where they just battle each other, and then all the different Pokémons that need the sun and the moon in order to live their everyday life are going to attempt stopping the legendaries from battling.
    Tell me your own theory, or what you think about mine. I love reading other's theories and opinions.

Last edited:
    Back