• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon Frustrates You The Most To Battle Against

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • Cradily... that annoying thing really gets on my nerves when I don't have Ice Beam at hand...
    And at online battles... anything Steel, cause my Umbreon's Toxic does not work... :/ And mostly I hate Heatran with Flash Fire and Baloon.

Years
  • Even though Wobbuffet is an interesting Pokemon, you don't wanna be fighting them if you don't have the right Pokemon out. Worse, you can't flee or switch and you have to knock them out or it knocks you out. Darn Shadow Tag.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    Opposing Metagross are both unpredictable and bulky, and with an attack stat of 135 I always feel I have to lose something to cut off enough bulk to finish it with something strong enough to finish its hp off.

Umbreon sounds a bizarre one but if you ever face one in the battle subway and you don't have the right Pokemon with you, you get completely walled. Toxic is dangerous too since it has synchronize. It's a shame gen V is the "fighting meta" because Umbreon is very underrated in terms of bulk. Cress fits that boat too, and since I don't run weather teams...

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Cradily... that annoying thing really gets on my nerves when I don't have Ice Beam at hand...
    And at online battles... anything Steel, cause my Umbreon's Toxic does not work... :/ And mostly I hate Heatran with Flash Fire and Baloon.

While I don't dislike Heatran I can relate to how you feel. It is a thorn in the side of my Metagross.

BlueMageBrilly

The Blue Mage
    Years
  • <_< High level Radicates! I hate fighting against the really fast ones and all they do is go "HYPER FANG!" and I'm like.. "Ow.. Ow.. Flinch.. Ow.."! I usually have a fighting type, but I've had my fighting type die to them before because of the flinching!!

Oh gosh the flinching!

Years
  • <_< High level Radicates! I hate fighting against the really fast ones and all they do is go "HYPER FANG!" and I'm like.. "Ow.. Ow.. Flinch.. Ow.."! I usually have a fighting type, but I've had my fighting type die to them before because of the flinching!!

Oh gosh the flinching!

I agree with you, when I grind Pokemon in SoulSilver I have to be careful around Raticate cos they're fast and hit hard.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I can't stand to face against Battle Subway Pokemon that focus on Defense. One time I was so close to beating a Spiritomb but its stupid Pain Split and Will-O-Wisp combo prevented me from doing so. I've tried fighting Defense-tactic-users with Defense-tactics-users and that still do me no good.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Pokemon with Sturdy in fifth gen just because of the extra move required to finish them off. You *know* you would one-shot it any other time, but nope; you have to wait a bit longer to beat it and let your Pokemon substain unnecessary damage if you want to grind on it. Most annoying.

Years
  • Pokemon with Sturdy in fifth gen just because of the extra move required to finish them off. You *know* you would one-shot it any other time, but nope; you have to wait a bit longer to beat it and let your Pokemon substain unnecessary damage if you want to grind on it. Most annoying.

Yeah, I agree with you.

I always dread the Roggenrola line cos of Sturdy and every time I face a Roggenrola/Boldore and my partner in Multi Battles has an Earthquake user, I get worried about Smack Down making me susceptible to Ground attacks.

Years
  • Kadabra and Alakazam are worth a mention. Insanely fast for when they're faced, have a massive coverage and kill nearly everything in one hit, or severely damage it. And they're not as frail as they should be either.

I think Pokemon Blaze Black made me hate fighting those guys more than any other game...
    I was hoping that someone would bring Alakazam up and you did! This physic pokemon was one of the most irritating and time consuming to bring down when I first started playing Pokemon. If I recall correctly I battled with it in the Elite Four and it keeps using Recover when ever its low in health. Not just that, even the Trainer uses a Full Restore on it!

EthyG

Idk what to write here x3~~~
    Years
  • Sturdy in 5th Gen is definitely a pain :P. It's not fair to lose a chunk of your HP everytime you face a wild Boldore...

But has anyone ever been stoned to death by a Shedinja?? It feels really embarrasing to be destroyed by something with only 1 HP, and as much as I like using that little critter, I think that...being walled hurts bad xD.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Sturdy Pokemon and lower level critters that have Quick Attack or some variant. You'll make them both faint eventually, but they'll make it just that extra bit longer to do so. They annoy me more than 'hard' battles, in the long run.

Bayrock

Dedicated
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I absolutely hate Jellicent with the team I've been testing recently.

It's a weak spot that I plan to balance soon.

Back