• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon region was the overall best

what region is the best

• Kanto

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 34 56.7%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • sinouh

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    johto, then hoemn, i have not played d&p but i really like johto it is the best in my personal oppion i really liked silver i restarted that game 4 times and each time i put in nearly 1000 hours

King Eevee

Ace Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I believe the sinnoh region is the best simply because there are so many different environments. Like wind-whipped deserts, muddy swamps, snow-capped mountains,
    pitch-black caves, flower-strewn fields, dense forests, and breath-takingly detailed city-scapes. I believe the only way they could have improved on the sinnoh environment would be to add the field move DIVE into the mix. Like the did in the past game, that would add an entire different area of exploration into the game.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I like th Johto region best because it was a different way to start off. The rest of the regions, in the game, you start of at the very bottom, but in the Johtoregion you start off to the right. I also like Sinnoh too.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
    For their day, Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal used pretty bigass ROM carts (2 Megabytes, and even the original Red Blue and Green where 1MB or less!), and they really utilized every single byte to the fullest potential. Johto seemed much larger than the space it actually occupied, which was all in clever design of course, but the fact that you could go back to Kanto was really impressive considering that you are basically fitting two games onto one cartridge that barely had enough room for the first game anyway. All of this, plus a somewhat cool landscape design, and there's so much outlandish crap you can do in Johto. All this, fitting into 8KB of video RAM and 8KB main RAM on the Game Boy Color. Jesus, that's like fitting a bundt cake into an ice-cream cone.

The only thing that killed the game for me was that even when I was about 10 or 11 (something like that), I was aware that the game held savefiles on battery-backed SRAM (Static RAM, same tech used in SNES carts), meaning eventually the battery would crap out and I would lose my save, plus never be able to save again. It's not that it killed the game itself, but when that happened about six months ago, I could never use my original cartridge again. But hell, I still willingly play the Johto games over the others anyday via my DS.

Meilynn

happy ice cream.
    Years
    I don't really have a favourite or a least favourite.
    I really liked Kanto because it was just.. cool ^^
    Johto was cool because you could travel through two regions.
    I liked the new pokémon in the hoenn region and I liked the battle frontier xD
    I haven't really been playing the Sinnoh region yet.. But I do like it so far.

Madara Uchiha

1017 BRICK SQUAD ******
    Years
    I woul agree with you guys kanto is a good pokemon at least fire red is.But still I still think it's the worse.But don't get me wrong it is still a good game.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    dispite in not being th most popular, i actually enjoyed hoenn.( jhoto is a close second by half a point)

yeah they took out some mechcanics like night and day but i like how it all felt very close to nature.

i would actully really like to see a remake in hoenn, cuz i think they could make it MUCH better.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    This is REGION not GAME! SO don't say "because Johto had 16 badges etc." I get that it's a nice place with Bug Catching and all that, but don;t add in the Kanto bit.

For me, Hoenn is actually the best. Very diverse. Next comes Sinnoh :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back