• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What reason(s) do you have for still coming to PC?

Metatron

No guts, no glory
Years
  • Nowadays, I come here mostly out of habit and not much else. I have more enemies than I have "friends," not many threads interest me, and not a single one of my so-called "friends" bothers sending me PMs or VMs. Hell, I don't even like Pokémon anymore. Again, it's just habit that brings me here.

...Yeah, same.

Legit, this post captures everything I wanted to say.

As you all my know, I've actually tried leaving this site several times before, I just...failed...

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    the only reason i come back to pc is..
    Dukey

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I have three main reasons why I come here.

1. I'm addicted to the community due to the friends I have made here.
    2. I enjoy talking to my friends through visitor messages and being able to see what they are doing.
    3. It's my online job.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • to get away from my horrible life and forget about my life outside the forums my life is sucking right now . pm me to know y

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • ...I have to mod the forums XD And I want to check what my friends are doing and have fun around here, mostly.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm addicted, and I have nothing better to do. XD;

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    *points to blue user name* Because otherwise, my two forums explode.

And I also have two fanfics in the works that won't get reviews if posted anywhere else (aside from where I've posted them before), and because a few of my friends won't allow me to leave. Pokemon's one of the few things we have in common, and without that, there's nothing to talk about.

But yeah...mostly the power. :D

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • *points to blue user name* Because otherwise, my two forums explode.

And I also have two fanfics in the works that won't get reviews if posted anywhere else (aside from where I've posted them before), and because a few of my friends won't allow me to leave. Pokemon's one of the few things we have in common, and without that, there's nothing to talk about.

But yeah...mostly the power. :D

Leave at your own peril, Asty.

MY friends are really the only thing keeping me coming back to PC. And my activity seems to be decreasing as I find more efficient ways to chat.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    I still don't know why I returned after I was so sure it was pointless... I still don't know.

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    Well like any forum, it provides a place to relax (unless certain situations cause un-wanted distractions).
    It provides a false since of.. satisfaction? For the limited time that your on the internet.
    That's why I joined, and it's why I'll stay =D

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    1). Friends. I could probably keep in touch with a lot of them via MSN if I were to leave, but it's nice to log on, find out I have three notifications and then getting a database error when I try to find out what's in those visitor messages.

2). Memories. I've been here for more than a year and there are a lot of things that I can recall and just smile at the thought of them. There are also a lot of memories that I slap myself for and ask why I was stupid enough to say or do that.

3). Intelligent discussion and the use of grammar. I haven't found any other forum that promotes proper discussion and has as much grammar nazis as PC.

4). I still haven't figured out what people do with that free six hours of the day when I'm posting on forums to kill time. Maybe if I figure out, I'll be able to kill the addiction.

5). Writing. If I were to display my writing anywhere other than PC, I'm well aware that I won't get as good a review nor as much criticism as I would here.

6). Six is a nice number.

7). PC is just... really cool. Even if I could do other things with my time and I wasn't so addictive, I'd probably still come on here; it's fun.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • A good forum is hard to find. A place that feels like your "home online" is hard to find.

I come back because I feel a part of the community. I love all of the Forum features (reputation, blogs, our profiles, our wall, etc..) and because I'm allowed to be a kid on here if I want.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • A good forum is hard to find. A place that feels like your "home online" is hard to find.

I come back because I feel a part of the community. I love all of the Forum features (reputation, blogs, our profiles, our wall, etc..) and because I'm allowed to be a kid on here if I want.

That's another reason why I come here.

You feel like you're actually a member of the community here. From the warm welcomes to the many friends you're bound to make over the years spent here.

You don't end up feeling like just another username drifting in the sea of members.

Reasons like that is why I consider this forum one of my "second homes".

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I've actually left the forum a couple of times. I come back every now and then so that I can relate to the people who I normally have chats with, and to gain a sense of belonging. Whenever any of my MSN contacts have conversations about whatever's been going on in PC, I don't really have any input.

It's also been my third year here, and I don't have any real reason to leave for good. Otherwise, there's not much to say as to why I'm still around. XD;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I have actually asked myself that question several times, and the one answer that I keep coming back to is......that I simply have nothing better to do.

You don't end up feeling like just another username drifting in the sea of members.

...Oh...? Is that based on the experiences of multiple users or solely on your own?

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • I have no idea. I guess it might be nostalgia. I feel no urge to jump into the roleplays like I would've done.(I would've been in at least 6 roleplays by now) I guess I'm just waiting to move on. Give or take a few days, I'll probably make my disappearance for good. Making posts is all fine and dandy, but heck, I don't even talk to anyone. I just post. XD

Yea, gimmie a few days. You won't be seeing Rioku anymore.

Back