• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What Shinies Have you caught on any game (not including red gyrados on G/S/C)

Fantasy

Princess of Tennis
Years
  • On Ruby I caught a Shiny Wingull and evolved it, on FireRed I caught I Shiny Zubat and evolved it to a Golbat...and that's pretty much it, except for the Shiny Shroomish and Whismur my friend gave me.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    I don't got a picture of it but it's a weird Cacturne. My sister has a blue shuupet.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • I haven't caught a single shiny except the gyarados ._. this is a tragedy, seeing as I LOVE shiny things. i've never even seen one. (in my own game at least... i watched my friend encounter and then kill, semi-accidentally, a shiny diglett >_>)

Flame of Destruction

Master of the Umbreon
    Years
  • I have a shiny Porygon 2 and just recently got a shiny eevee from an egg (now a shiny Umbreon). Now i am on a hunt for a shiny Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. This is gonna take a while :\

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
  • I once caught a nidoran female and got a silver sandsrew in silver.

Also, I once saw two different shiny Onix. One was in unnion cave and green, and the other one was on mount Silverand looked golden. Unfortunately, I had no pokeballs at those given moments in time! Oy...

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've caught 3 shineys on Silver (Red-Gyarados, Purplish-Weedle, and ReallyDarkGreen-Golbat). My Weedle is now a Beedril with Purple eyes and lavender wings (a darker yellow body) and my Golbat is now a pink Crobat with green eyes.
    I've caught 2 on Gold (Red-Gyarados and suprizingly a Golden Ho-oh)
    I've caught 2 on Crystal (Red-Gyarados and a Babyblue-Tediursa) Now Tediursa is a Yellowish tinted brown color with a dull-gold ring.
    Since these games, I've never encountered any shiney Pokemon...

Years
  • Lol, a friend o' mine caught a gold Caterpie on Crystal in tha Park once, tch, I was there when it happened -- he savestate'd it when it appeared an' eventually managed ta catch it. ^_^

Sithre

Dark Side Lateralus
    Years
  • Well i had been soft resetting to get the shiny Groudon. And i got careless and wasn't paying much attention. And from the corner of my as i pressed the reset i saw the gold groudon! :dead:

VenomBird

Elite Four Venom
    Years
  • i caught golden caterpie(gold metapod, pink butterfree), black charmander(got from an egg,evolved to black charmeleon, later black charizard),blue ditto, pink lapras(egg)
    and gold ratatta(brighter Raticate). Oh and Red gyrados. I only say this beacause Gyrados is My PERSONAL FAVORITE.

Back