• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Shiny pokemon have you captured Legitly?

Derpy.H

Derpy - The Ponymon Elite
Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    Haha! I started to continue my re-do of Emerald and just encountered Rayquaza, SHINY! That made my day.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The only one I've ever found (and the only one I even have), lol. A shiny Onix found in SoulSilver in Victory Road.

RoosterHat

Bumbling Slowpoke King
    Years
  • I only found one, and it was a shiny Nincada in Emerald version.

But then I restarted and forgot to migrate him to SoulSilver. Never forget. :'(

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I found a shiny Bellsprout on Pearl. I don't even like Bellsprout D:

I also hatched a shiny Scyther, but the difference was slight enough that I didn't even notice till like a year later when I was going through my PC box :P

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • MY first shiny was a shiny Geodude. Hated it at first bro, but man, it was amazing as a Golem.

Second was a shiny Nidorino, and my latest one is a shiny Zorua I bred from scratch. Gahhh I love them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    I've only seen and caught one shiny in the wild, which was Tentacruel. I caught it in Platinum and transferred it to White.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I think my first was as shiny Pidgey in Gold, but I can't legitimately remember if that happened.

I also had caught a shiny Patrat and shiny Mincinno in White, but I traded those away (stupid me).

And I have a shiny Zigzagoon in Sapphire.

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years
  • If the red gyarados from hgss doesn't count, then I caught a shiny heracross after headbutting a tree at Mt. Silver.

Saucy Fish Boi

Music is my girlfriend
    Years
  • In Heartgold, I have a shiny Zubat and Tentacool that I both found randomly in the wild. I was so so happy when I saw that shiny Tentacool. :D
    072.png

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Dusclops in Ruby. I'm really lucky I was paying attention when it showed up because I noticed the shiny flair that shows up first. I was on the school bus and the sunlight was so bright that I couldn't see my screen very well or something like that. If I hadn't seen the flair to separate it from the random battles I'd been training against for the last half hour, I probably would've killed it and never realized. XD;

I saw a shiny Mightyena in Emerald but it used roar and I didn't have a master ball yet so... whoops. u_u; No luck there. I haven't seen another shiny otherwise.

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years

• You can't get a legit shiny Mewtoo. If you got it through trading, whomever you got it from hacked it in, and thus it is not legit. I'm nearly positive that there is currently no way to legitly get a shiny legendary pokemon.
    Not true. I once caught a shiny latios in SS. It is possible. Guess luck and chance has a lot to do with it. Just gotta save and keep trying until you find it shiny.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    Captured:

Marowak (FireRed)
    Meditite (Diamond) - Evolved to Medicham.
    Drowzee (SoulSilver)
    Fearow (SoulSilver)

Failed to capture:

Zubat (Sapphire) - I was in the underwater Team Aqua cave and had captured many Zubats. I didn't know what a shiny Pokémon was back then and when I had decided to capture Zubat I had already apparently pressed run. FAAAIL!!!

Koffing (Diamond) - I found it when I explored Stark Mountain with Buck (a NPC). When your in a double battle against wild Pokémon you have to knock one out in order to be able to catch the other. I knocked the other Pokémon out, Koffing didn't use Selfdestruct, but Buck's Claydol knocked Koffing out. I HATE YOU BUCK!!!

Pidgeotto x 2 (SoulSilver) - Whirlwind x 2. Now, what's the odds of that? XD

None of these Pokémon where encountered by building chains with the PokéRadar or the Masuda Method, just plain luck.

Last edited:
    Back