• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Shiny pokemon have you captured Legitly?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
  • I found a Shiny Venomoth in the Safari Zone in Fire Red, a Shiny Paras in Leaf Green and a Shiny Tentacool in Gold. I have cloned the Tentacool and I'm planning on sending the clone to a different game in case my battery dies. The clone doesn't count as a second Shiny.

I also have a Shiny Starly from Platinum and Shiny Bidoof from my Japanese Diamond. Neither were encountered by chaining or breeding.

In Black, the first Pokemon I caught was a Shiny Patrat. I'm not including the gift Pansear as my first caught Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • In May, Last Month, i was looking for some shroomish in Emerald and i randomly found a shiny one! I called it Kickass. With the red head gear and yellow berries instead of red as a Breloom, it is something i will cherish.

In Platinum, i managed to chain a shiny beldum, which i called MetaBoss. I think it has 30 IV's in Atk and Def. I also chained a shiny electrike, which i called Ravager, which is actually available for download on pokecheck. Just type in my username. Although it will be a clone, it has a Quiet nature, which is somewhat good for it.

In Pearl i chained a shiny starly.

EDIT: I found a shiny Ho-oh Today 14/07/12

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    Got a shiny bibarel in Pearl. In Soulsilver, I had a shiny zubat which was eventually trained all the way up to a crobat.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • I only ever got one shiny, it was on accident...I was bored and Surfing around a random water route on Platinum, and a Wingull showed up, and I'm like, Why is it green? so I caught it and named it Green. DErp.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Funny story actually. I stopped playing ROMs until I got my POKeMON SS game for the DS because I felt happening onto a Shiny in RSE/LGFR wouldn't be as satisfactory on an emu, where stuff doesn't matter.

A couple of days into my SS for my DS, I found a Shiny SUNSKURN at the National Park and recently, actually yesterday, I evolved it in a SUNFLORA.

Ah... sweet victory.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • The random wild encounters:

Gold: Pidgey
    Sapphire: Poochyena, Numel
    Emerald: Geodude, Linoone
    Ruby: Whismur
    Diamond: Pelipper, Whiscash, ~80 chained
    Platinum: ~15 chained
    Black: Swellow

I hatched approximately 1200 Ralts eggs in Emerald, none of which turned out shiny (but at least it got me a Modest one with 31 IV in three stats..)

Then there is pokeradar chaining....
    I loved that, because it allows you to get so many shinies and even get them the wanted nature 50% of the time.. all you needed was patience, devotion and a full understanding of how it works.
    I wish they would bring it back :( AND make it work while surfing...
    From the top of my head I remember (the numbers withint error of +-2):
    -4 Starly
    -3 Shinx
    -6 Elekid
    -5 Magby
    -7 Ralts (the first 6 were female, FU RNG)
    -2 Nidoran M
    -4 Roselia
    -5 Voltorb
    -3 Skiploom
    -5 Magnemite
    -5 Aron (the first one managed to Roar me away e_____e then I got Magnet Pull.)
    -2 Tyrogue
    -4 Swablu
    -4 Gastly
    -3 Gligar
    -2 Phanpy
    -4 Lickitung
    -2 Absol
    -3 Larvitar
    -3 Eevee
    -2 Togepi
    -3 Makuhita
    -3 Bagon
    -4 Snover
    -2 Smoochum
    -1 Swinub (this one was hard.. bloody snow e_e)
    -2 Snorunt (this one took me a week! And only one was female)
    -3 Vibrava(GO TRY CHAINING IN THAT SANDSTORM I DARE YOU. You wont make it to 10 chains lol.)
    -3 Beldum (same.)

The Beldum was frustrating me because the first 2 had some stupid natures like Lax or something, and I couldnt check the third as it went to PC, after which I broke the chain.

Most of the chained ones I took the best one and EV trained/evolved/leveled them.
    People were calling me a cheater in every freaking battle, because my team was always half shiny rofl...

I remember having a Tangela, but I don't remember where I got that from e.e

Oh gawd this brings back memories. I seriously loved chaining. Almost wanna go do it again.

Wish I could have chained Skorupi, Lileep, Chinchou... they should have made more ways to do it :E

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I actually haven't caught a shiny yet. Though, I have encountered a shiny Zubat but I didn't have any PokeBalls at the time to go for the catch. u_u

_CruzaComplex

Steven Stone Fanatic
    Years
  • Hm...well, my first was way back in Ruby when I got Shiny Torkoal. Next, I believe it was Shiny Bellsprout in SoulSilver.

I've won a couple I know were legit in contests, namely Litwick and Charmander.

Also, I've had a Shiny Koffing use Selfdestruct on me early in Emerald. Not a capture, but it's heart-rending T-T

Years
  • Zangoose, Pelipper, Tentacool, Shinx, Dewgong, Persian, Boldore, Rufflet

Evolved the Boldore to Gigalith. And only Rufflet and Gigalith are still in my posession.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Spr_3r_296_s.png

On my Japanese copy of Pocket Monsters Ruby Version (Pokemon Ruby for short)

My reaction to this...

Spoiler:

After catching myself a Makuhita, they decided to throw a shiny one at me.

Years
  • Uh.. I've gotten the shiny (red) Gyarados.

That doesn't really count though. :(

No other shinies yet, but maybe some day. I don't really care about shinies too much, though some of the alternate forms look a lot cooler than the originals.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    Well, on my first Crystal file, I had a Shiny Unown I and a Seel, who I eventually evolved into Dewgong. Sadly, I could not transfer them over to Ruby. On Ruby, I did manage to get the Berry Fix Zigzagoon after quite some time in the Gamestop. Apparently they had two different demo discs for the GameCube display, and it took at least ten minutes for the staffer to figure out that the Fix was on the other one. I don't know if he really counts, but he IS a Linoone now, so yeah.

In Fire Red, I ran into a Shiny Paras, who is now a Parasect named Anzu living in my nearly-complete living Dex on White. Said cartridge also gave me a Raticate, who I plan to trade to a friend for a Vullaby when we get back to school, and an Unown Z, who I named Tart and is also a resident in my Living Dex.

Finally, my first Pearl file gave me a random Ponyta (Uni) who I have yet to evolve, and a Snorunt named Lady, who is now a Froslass. Both reside in the aforementioned Living dex.

(604 Pokémon obtained, and a bunch of Shinies to boot. Now I just need to find a new Shiny Seel. I may do some breeding with my current Dewgong, and the Ditto that I THINK is French. I may be wrong, though, so I need to search the GTS again.)

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • My first (and I believe only) Shiny encounter was a Girafarig in my Crystal version. I need to stop using repels :/

Michielleus

That random guy
    Years
  • Shiny Carvanha after fishing in the safari zone. You don't know how nervous I was when throwing those safari balls. If it ran away, I would never forgive myself.

Back