• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I have played through every pokemon game (except r/b/y) and I've done it alot. Now I don't really know what to do, but I want to do something fun. Should I get into competitive or what do you guys usually do after you've beaten everything alot?
    (This is my first post so if it's in the wrong section please move it)

Years
  • I would say get into the competetive aspect of the game. I made the switch only a few months ago with my friends and it has been a lot of fun! It can be discouraging when you lose but if you are really into Pokemon, competively or not it can be a whole lot of fun! I encourage you to at least try it! It may not be your cup of tea, but you may enjoy it a lot!

Years
  • I've tried it before and I have a few questions that I can't seem to get answered and my biggest one is: What level do you stop training them? Like do you level your pokes to 100?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Most trainers do level up their Pokemon to level 100, but that's time consuming, IMO. There's an auto-leveling option (to level 50) in B/W whenever you battle. I'd say that you can stop when your Pokemon learns the moves it needs (or if you want, level it to 50 just to test it out).

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Another option besides competitive battling could be like challenge runs. You could do Nuzlockes, mono-type runs, etc. Those are always fun.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Another option besides competitive battling could be like challenge runs. You could do Nuzlockes, mono-type runs, etc. Those are always fun.

Seconded. Especially if you dont have Wi-Fi acess like me :P
    I'm doing a monotype challenge on Diamond at the moment and its good fun and a little more challenging than just steaming through the game with ease, it also tests your sense of strategy.

You can find the Challenges forum here, where you can post about you progress, which makes it even more fun ^___^

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Dang someone beat me to saying challenges. Well, I'll just add a bit to that and say do a Nuzlocke. That's the best challenge ever. Period. Here is a link. Totally awesome and fun and hard challenge. The link has all the rules and the kinks and conditions so I won't go into that.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • If you want to get into Competitive battling then you could always download [url=https://pokemon-online.eu/]Pokemon Online that is what many competitive battlers use. It is already auto leveled and you don't have to train you just go right to team building. So if you do want to get into Competitive Battling you can always ask questions around here [/URL]https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234. Myself when I got bored of playing In-Game back in August of 07 during the DP days I turned to trading pokemon as a hobby. You may also want to look to something outside of the Gaming Franchise like the Anime, Manga, TCG.
    https://pokemon-online.eu/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Since this has been answered, I'll lock this up. But in the future, if you have more questions, please ask in the appropriate Q&A thread. There is one in almost every Pokemon related section here. :) Thanks!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back