• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What starter did you choose?

Which starter did you pick in Unova?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenDoorLeia

The Will of One
Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2013
    I chose Tepig at first on my White cartridge, because fire types have usually been my thing. But recently I've taken a pretty strong liking to Oshawott for some reason. Maybe it's just how flipping adorable he is in the anime or something; I just love that ice cream beaver so much, guys. SO MUCH.

Emboar just seemed like such a BEAST, if you know what I mean. He just looks like he wants to destroy ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. and man, BEARD OF FIRE?! You just can't get more BAMF than that.

I haven't used Snivy yet, but if a Pokemon Grey ever emerges then I'll definatley use it as my starter. And perhaps I'll use it on a Rom one of these days. Dunno, but I kind of like all of them, but Oshawott and Tepig are neck and neck.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • You already know who I chose, Hikari :)
    Tepig because it was based on a pig and it's cute!
    (lol, I sound like Togepulls xD)

Plus, I had no idea what their evolutions were :P

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Oshawott in my copy Tepig/Snivy in my brothers R4
    and i got tepig/snivy eggs from the internet and eloved them all

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    I Really Like Tepig.Cause when it evolves into Emboar its Fighting/Fire Type.

But Eventually i used Oshawott.SO Ill just go with Oshawott.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I chose Oshawott because he looked cute and it's weird, but I also liked Water types. So, I couldn't resist picking it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Oshawott. Not the greatest starter the series has to offer, but since I never choose Grass and yet another Fighting/Fire starter wasn't appealing either, it was the choice by simple process of elimination.

Years
  • Oshawott. Not the greatest starter the series has to offer, but since I never choose Grass and yet another Fighting/Fire starter wasn't appealing either, it was the choice by simple process of elimination.

Well, it's always nice to take the design into factor when choosing a starter.

I usually choose Water Starters anyway.

I remember seeing Oshawott for the first time and I went, "If I were to play Black & White one day, I'm choosing it as my starter.", then after seeing him in the anime I went "aw" and that started my "Julian the Cute Oshawott" memes.

And when I finally got Black, I chose Oshawott - end of story.

Plus Samurott is so awesome and Marriland uses it in his Pokemon White Adventure video playthrough.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • I went with Tepig.
    The reason being because although I was not really into any of them, Tepig's final evolution was the best on in my opinion and being fire type is always a plus since grass and water are pretty common types in the wild.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I chose Oshawott because...it's my favourite lol. I don't really like the Tepig or Snivy line so yeah.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • In my first playthrough, I chose Snivy mainly because Serperior looks friggin awesome. In my second playthrough, I chose Oshawott. Oshawott was really bleh, I didn't really have much fun with it, and decided my new main leader of my team would be a Dweeble I had caught. Now I love Dweeble/Crustle more than any of the starters. :D

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • I chose Tepig, luckily I already had a decent party due to freebies from friends (Flygon, Shiny Vaporeon, Shiny Braviary, Zoroark, and I believe it was Serperior)
    So in the end, I didn't actually get to properly use my Emboar, but I heard it kinda sucks, so I don't mind.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    I chose Oshawott. It's cute, and since I chose fire and grass Pokemon for starters the last time I played a generation Pokemon game (old-school Gold and Silver), then it was just about time for a water Pokemon to become the most overpowered in my group. X3

Now if only I could level up my Lillipup more than just letting it stay at a darn Pokemon daycare. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tepig really is the best starter, guys! Fighting is the most useful typing in Black and White, tbh, and early on for the first few gyms, Tepig''s evolutions really do have the advantage. :) I chose it, either way! Aaand yeah on like every playthrough it's always been Tepig. :3 I do have a Samurott/Serperior I used on my first playthrough though, it's just idk I find them harder to use, lol.

In general I love all Unova's starters though!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Oshawott. I never choose Grass starters (because I don't like Grass critters), so it was always a choice between Tepig and Oshawott; I guess the slight Speed advantage of Samurott over Emboar was what swayed me in the end. It didn't really matter, though, as I got rid of Samurott after defeating N/Ghestis in favour of AN AWESOME KINGDRA! So it all worked out well in the end.

Years
  • I chose Tepig for Pokemon White and when I got my hands on Black a few weeks later, I chose Oshawott. I had to get Snivy from the GTS to complete the trifecta. Before I got Black, I did get an Oshawott off of the GTS and I was in for a surprise. That particular Oshawott had PokeRus!

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    I was dragged between Oshawott and Snivy. Didn't want to use Tepig because I got something against Fire starters and I thought Em(o)boar just looked "lulz".

Eventually choosed Oshawott.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back