• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What theme are you using and why?

Bay

Years
  • Nimbasa's Shining Beauty. I thought the background is stylish and I'm able to read the posts (and usernames) easier than some of the other styles/themes.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Have been on Route 167+ since it was released, I love the blue and green combo and it's pretty serious and low on icons so that suits me.

Years
  • I use Toujour's Volcarona theme because of it's light background and simplicity. Plus, who doesn't love Volcarona?

Sometimes I'll also use the Sinnoh Springs theme as well 'cause flowers and cute pokemon.

EDIT
    I think I will go back to Nimbasa's Shining Beauty for nostalgic reasons, I forgot how much I loved that theme.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've been using The Johto Elite for as long as I can remember, and I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon. I like the simplicity and dark colors, as it makes things easy to navigate.

Although, I use a Volcarona theme on my i-pod on the rare occasion I do browse on that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i'm using the y-axis atm. it looks super neat and the colors go strangely well with my icon and sig, haha.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Garchompin'. I'm obsessed with dark colors, and this theme is absolutely beautiful. It's always been most favorite dark one. I do like Midnight Misty, but I went back to Garchompin' after it was finally fixed though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I use Stunfisk'd because it's what I used when I first started out and so I just kept it. It's the easiest for me to use so I keep it and the colors don't burn my eyes or anything. Just nice and mellow.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I have stuck with Dawn of Champions since the day it was released. It's a great dark theme without large pieces of artwork to clutter the index. The banner at the top is small while also being a good size to hit while on my tablet. It's simple and clean to use.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I used PokeCommunity Black for a while when I first registered because of the black - I love dark themes. Then I switched to Dawn of Champions later on; I preferred the smaller header image and the font colour was milder (I found the white fonts of PC Black too bright for me especially when I'm on my mobile). So I'm stuck with Dawn of Champions atm~

Years
  • I use Pokecommunity Pro, since it's probably the closest theme to the vBulletin default that actually has a few Pokemon touches to it. There are a lot of great looking themes on PC, but any time I'm browsing a forum, the more boring the better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've used Conway for a decently long time (three to four years, if I remember right; I might not have been an active PC member for this long, but I still did lurk every now and again as guest), and have found it to be very eye-pleasing. Its color palettes seemed to have went along with each other nicely, and it was sort of light-weight, too.

After a while, I thought to myself that I needed some change-of-pace so things would look more fresh and whatnot, and after spending some time browsing through our selection, I finally landed on Pichu², which I am currently using. This one has a lot of similarities to Conway in regards to color-scheme, features, and so forth, being one, major behind me sticking to the style. It's great!

pkmin3033

Hypno's Lullaby at the moment. I prefer dark skins, and the smaller text is appealing...plus it's creepy as hell. xD

Every now and then I'll go through the skins and see if I feel like using anything else for a while, but this is the one I come back to most frequently~

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm now onto Pichu squared and I think I'll stay on it for now, it's so pretty and the colours are utterly perfect. ♥

Years
  • I'm now onto Pichu squared and I think I'll stay on it for now, it's so pretty and the colours are utterly perfect. ♥

I used that one for quite some time because the Pichus are absolutely adorable and the colour scheme suited the header rather well c: Though I've since been using The Plaza mainly because the colour scheme is easy on the eyes and the little icons on the forum index were calling my name.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • I use Stunkfisk'd. It's pretty dark and nice on the eyes, and it makes me smile which is good because sometimes I could really use a bit of derpyness on a bad day. I haven't really given other themes a shot though, maybe I will now.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Very occasionally I'll switch and try things out--I think my desktop runs Sinnoh Springs right now--but I always, always come right back to Blossom Shower. It's my self-indulgent theme and I'll probably use it until the end of time. It's cute, if stupidly basic, and I still like the colours because I'm just as in love with pink as I was when I made the theme.

:( I wish I could be admin for a day just to do some tweaks and fix things up a bit, though. Most of the reason I ever switch to newer themes is just to experience how nice it is to browse PC on something that doesn't feel all deprecated.

Back