• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Type would you associate Sleep with?

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
  • I used to think Psychic....
    Now I don't know....
    Grass wouldn't work since a grass status effect would probably have been an allergy kinda thing
    Dark might work best since night induces sleep more most people (Except for insomniacs).
    Ghost has Curse(though its not an official status effect) so I'd rather not
    Water might work too since the sound of the ocean is often calming
    Normal shouldn't have a status effect to it in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    Sleep would be associate with psychic/hypnosis and grass for me. Yawn too will work, I think?

Abi~

-insert title here?-
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Eh, probably psychic, since the psychic type is apparently based off of the mind.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I would associate it with Grass and Psychic. They're the most common types that use those kind of moves. (Ghosts use Hypnosis too but it's still a Psychic move)

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Sleep falls between Normal and Psychic for me. Normal due to moves inducing sleep, Psychic since sleep recovers the mind, well HP actually :P ... The move Rest and Hypnosis also induce sleep, I'm leaning more on the Psychic side.
    Sleep - Psychic, It fits well.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Sleep does rejuvenate the mind, so Psychic is a good contender, but for me, Normal fits the bill best. Sleep is something everyone does (except college students), making it fit well with Normal.

Back