• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What typings don't exist that you'd like to?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
So I'm pretty sure this goes here, not just in Pokemon General. Being gameplay related and all that.

Dual typings! We have so many already; some types have actually been paired with every other type already (Flying)! And yet, even though we may not realize how many typings still don't exist, there are a lot! What typings are currently non-existent, that you would most like to see? Why would they go well together? What do you think their stat layout, and movepools would be? And their design?

Personally, my top... Mmmmm three I'll say right now, Ice/Poison, Grass/Fire, and Dragon/Fairy.

An Ice / Poison type; would not be great defensively :P Ice types usually aren't. (Get out of here Avalugg.) It would be weak to steel, rock, fire, ground, and psychic - and it would only resist Ice, poison, grass, bug, and fairy. HEY! That's an Ice type that actually HAS RESISTANCES THOUGH. Haha. But those aren't bad resistances! And Ice / Poison makes way for a great Special attacker with some sweet dual STAB attacks - I'd imagine some Sp Def too because Poison types aren't uncommonly endowed with a bit 'o that. As for design, whenever I mention this to one of my best friends, he pokes fun at me saying it would just be a scorpion in an ice cube :P I'd like to think of it as maybe some monster egg group type, that exudes freezing chemicals, or a muk-like creature made of antirfreeze. (yes, antifreeze- because poison and ice makes sense for that as an ice type too.)

Grass Fire would neutralize sooooo many weaknesses of both grass and fire individually. It would lose the grass weakness to bug, fire, and ice, and the fire weaknesses to water, and ground. Leaving it only weak to flying, poison, and rock. While still resisting Grass 4x, Fairy, Steel, and electric types! It'd be a grass type with more resistances than weaknesses! ;-; And offensively, oh lordy mercy it'd be outstanding offensively. (Except y'know... against fire or dragon types. Assuming it doesn't have coverage.) I'd imagine it as a burnt tree maybe, with embers still glowing on its trunk, or maybe covered in bright red foliage visually similar to Volcarona's wings fiery spores or toxins that burned. I could see physical or specially offensive for this type combo - but it doesn't really seem like it would have great defensive stats.

Dragon Fairy - I mostly covered in the dragon fan club thread. I think Dragonite should already be Dragon / Fairy. Its got the looks and the stats (nice sp def there buddy) all it needs is play rough or moonblast, both of which I could see Dragonite getting.

So go on, let me hear yours!

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
I think that some new typings need to be introduced to Pokemon, which could be really interesting and add a new playing field to competitive and regular Pokemon gameplay. I also think that a Fire Poison would be great, or maybe a Normal Ghost. Those can play out very interesting.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Normal and ghost would make a pretty unique combination, I agree. You'd be immune to fighting and ghost itself, and since most ghost-types float, which I could imagine this Pokémon winding up being, you'd also have an upper-hand over ground. That, in my opinion, could help making you a major tank. If they give it good amount of defensive stats, HP, and also access to some good stalling moves such as Wish, Substitute, and Protect, I could imagine it to be some major hit among competitive players. If they put extra effort into design, then it could be even more popular.

Aside from that, I think fire and grass would also be pretty cool! Appearance-wise, perhaps this Pokémon could be based off a tree, with burning leaves stuck onto its body.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
A Normal/Ghost type does sound pretty good but what could it possibly be based on?

I'd like to see a Fairy/Ghost type Pokémon. It would have immunity to Normal, Fighting and Dragon type moves and only weak to Ghost and Steel which could be good defensively if it had the right stats. Again, I have no idea what it could possibly be based on.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Dragon/Fairy type

Ghost/Fighting type.

Bug/Dragon type.

An Ice/Fighting type based on a Viking.

A rabbit Fire starter that evolves into a Fire/Fairy type final form based off of a Jackalope

A Grass/Fire type based off of chili peppers.

Bug/Psychic type.

An Ice/Steel type based off of mountain goats.

A Dragon/Fighting type based off of snake charmers.

Poison/Steel type. Fairy type's worst nightmare.

Last edited:
Years
I'd like to see the following:

Dragon/Fairy - While its STABs would be super effective against the same types as a mono-Fairy (and would gain three extra weaknesses), it could still be a pretty powerful combo, especially given how few things resist Dragon type attacks.

Ghost/Fairy - Since Ghost resists Poison and Fairy resists Dark, it'll only have two weaknesses (Ghost and Steel) and have decent coverage. Also, could see the Pokemon in question being even more mischievous-looking than Klefki~

Normal/Ghost - With three immunities (four if it gets Levitate) and one weakness, it might be an interesting thing to have around.

Polar Spectrum

Years
I think that some new typings need to be introduced to Pokemon, which could be really interesting and add a new playing field to competitive and regular Pokemon gameplay. I also think that a Fire Poison would be great, or maybe a Normal Ghost. Those can play out very interesting.

Normal / Ghost has to be the most demanded type they haven't done yet, I think. Only one weakness to dark types!

A Normal/Ghost type does sound pretty good but what could it possibly be based on?

I'd like to see a Fairy/Ghost type Pokémon. It would have immunity to Normal, Fighting and Dragon type moves and only weak to Ghost and Steel which could be good defensively if it had the right stats. Again, I have no idea what it could possibly be based on.

I could see Normal / Ghost being bulky. It would make more sense imo than an offensive poke. As for what it's based on, maybeeee, a possessed stuffed animal? Or just like the ghost sprite from R/B? I could also see something like Phantump without the tree stump head :P

Dragon/Fairy type

Ghost/Fighting type.

Bug/Dragon type.

An Ice/Fighting type based on a Viking.

A rabbit Fire starter that evolves into a Fire/Fairy type final form based off of a Jackalope

A Grass/Fire type based off of chili peppers.

Bug/Psychic type.

An Ice/Steel type based off of mountain goats.

A Dragon/Fighting type based off of snake charmers.

Poison/Steel type. Fairy type's worst nightmare.

I love all of these. And the concepts you gave for some of those seem REALLY viable too - especially a viking like Ice/Fighting type. That, that would be badass. I'd name it something Skyrim - related :P As for Bug Dragon, come onnnnn mega flygon.

I'd like to see the following:
Ghost/Fairy - Since Ghost resists Poison and Fairy resists Dark, it'll only have two weaknesses (Ghost and Steel) and have decent coverage. Also, could see the Pokemon in question being even more mischievous-looking than Klefki~

This Ghost / Fairy concept is really growing on me, I never realized how awesome a matchup that would be. Here's to seventh gen, eh? :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A ghost-fairy Pokémon would be pretty interesting to run into! Very intrigued as to how its design might wind up, though. Perhaps it'd be based off some witch (if you think about it, they are fairies, in some way), with a Gastly-like body figure?

Zal

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 24, 2015
I think maybe for the Ghost/Normal it could take on the appearance of, say, a possesed or spectral wind-up doll/toy.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
I think fairy/dark or fairy/poison. It would be cool to have an evil/corrupt type of fairy/witch pokemon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Fairy/Dark, Dragon/Fairy, Fire/Water, and Normal/Ghost are just a couple! I looove types that "contradict" each other, so any more of those would be welcome in my book :) Also, I know this already exists, but a permanent Electric/Ice-type Pokemon would be pretty cool.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I've made up some pokemon with type combos that doesn't exist yet:

Wisp, Willo, Wispwillo
Fire/Fairy types based off of the will-o-wisp.

Yetir
An Ice/Fighting type yeti pokemon that has Sniper as it's
ability & has Storm Throw & Frost Breath as level-up moves.

Skeletial
A Ground/Fighting typed skeleton pokemon.
Males would wear short, blue headbands while females would wear long, red headbands.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Fairy/Dark just sounds like a nice idea to me. The previously mentioned witch design sounds most appropriate to me at the moment, and I too like types that are capable of being weak to each other. I'd also like an Electric/Grass or Electric/Ice type Pokemon that isn't a Rotom forme.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Id like to see bug/dragon as well since dunsparce should have an evolution like that.. It would fit well and also give it the proper attention after years of neglect..

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Id like to see bug/dragon as well since dunsparce should have an evolution like that.. It would fit well and also give it the proper attention after years of neglect..

They've had a huge chance at making Flygon a bug-dragon, but I'm not sure why they haven't capitalized on it. Every time I look at that Pokémon, I always get reminded of insects, and if this is the way I think, I'm sure there are many others who do, too. If you ask me, it would've been perfect! Yanmega's evolution could suit this type combination, possibly, if they ever decide to give it one. I'm not sure if they will, though.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Ghost/Fairy! Mismagius can fit this typing, and it would be cool for more fairy-type Pokemon that are more intimidating and scary than they are cute. I also would like to see Bug/Dragon, Psychic/Ghost, Psychic/Poison and Poison/Ice.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Normal Fighting type should be introduced. :)

Fokko Was Here
Can you say "Meloetta Pirouette forme"?
Of course, you probaly meant one that doesn't requires a change
in form to be Normal/Fighting, but this combo techinally has already been introduced.

Polar Spectrum

Years
So many good ideas. Byyyy the way guys, I happened upon this today. Totally relevant.

h254B8C88

The type on the left is the primary type, the types on type are secondary. (Keep that in mind, for way some dual types are only in one combination of the two types they possess.) The numbers in the boxes, represent how many of that typing there are. ^^ (Okay Normal / Flying; we get it... there's more of you than there are pure dark, steel, and ghost types combined.)

Can you guys believe we don't have a dark / electric yet? :L Darks been here since like second gen. Why not luxray game freak; why not.... ;-;

And no Psychic / Electric??? What givesssss. Those would be pretty cool dual stabs, man.

Back