• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What typings don't exist that you'd like to?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Definitely Ghost/Fairy. Like a haunted girl's doll or something with red eyes? Oh how creepy and cool that would be at the same time. And don't forget about Psychic/Dragon! Oh there are so many possibilities for a Psychic/Dragon. I mean, if Fairy didn't exist Dragon would of have been a good replacement for it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely Ghost/Fairy. Like a haunted girl's doll or something with red eyes? Oh how creepy and cool that would be at the same time. And don't forget about Psychic/Dragon! Oh there are so many possibilities for a Psychic/Dragon. I mean, if Fairy didn't exist Dragon would of have been a good replacement for it.

Dragon and psychic would be amazing. In terms of look, they would most likely associate it with the color pink (since that's what most psychic-type Pokémon are), but personally, I'd like it if they were able to keep away; just because it's in certain type-group doesn't mean it has to be a particular color, to be honest. What would be better is if it were black, or anything else that would look good on a dragon.

Competitively, I don't know, maybe it could be focusing on Special Attack? Most dragon-types right now specialize physically, so seeing a special one would give us a breath of fresh air, if you ask me.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
I really would like a bug/dark :v Mosquito would be fine imo or a house centipede. You know, the ones with REALLY long protrusions that look like hair. I hate those things :I

AND HEY. We actually just got two of the typings we had talked about in this thread earlier;

Mega Altaria fills our Fairy/Dragon and Mega Lopunny fills Normal / Fighting :'D And it has scappy! Yaaaaaay.

Now if we could just get a fire / water that's not a legend, and a ghost / fairy. :1

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really would like a bug/dark :v Mosquito would be fine imo or a house centipede. You know, the ones with REALLY long protrusions that look like hair. I hate those things :I

Mosquito is the only thing that comes to mind for me when I think bug/dark, actually, haha. Would be pretty cool!

Trainer 781

The eon duo (Lati@s) exist as psychic dragons.

I would like to see an alienoid levitating electric/psychic type. I would also like to see rock/ghost based on a possessed monolith.

Pinta77

Yeah fairy bug would be awesome! Could be like a celebi looking thing. Or electric fairy

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 12, 2015
I think there should be another dragon/steel type, but with a design more along the lines of a badass steelix/rayquaza lovechild rather than a giant time dog ;v; sorry dialga

but as for nonexistant typings, I think a fairy/fighting type sounds hilarious. like a buff clefable or something.
also, I've wanted a dark/psychic type for a long time ;o;
bug/fairy as well seems like a perfect combination. it makes me think of that bug peripheral vision SCP. something creepy yet delicate-looking like that.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Speaking of types. You know Florges is pure fairy and can be all sorts of different colours, right? If she had a mega-evolution, I would say that depending on her colour, nature, IVs or hidden power she would be part fariy and part another type. Maybe Hidden power since there is no such thing as hidden power fairy.

The same for Vivillion if it had a mega, depending on it's pattern it would be part bug and part a different type.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Here are all the type combos I'd like to see in the future:
Spoiler:

Polar Spectrum

Years
Here are all the type combos I'd like to see in the future:
Bug/Dark
This I want to see too.

Bug/Dragon
Mega Flygon pls

Bug/Ice
This as well; like a frosty Volcarona or something.

Bug/Psychic
Surprised we don't have this; it would be super cool.

Dark/Electric
This is one of the most heinous missed typings to me. Dark Electric would be real awesome. C'mon Mega Luxray.

Dragon/Fighting
Forget the 4x Fairy weakness, this'd be great offensively.

Dragon/Grass (Mega Sceptile Doesn't Really Count to Me Because It's Only a Mega Evolution)
I know what you're saying. It would be nice outside a mega.

Electric/Fighting
Electivire could've almost filled this.

Electric/Poison
Offensive and Defensive presence, nice.

Electric/Psychic
This would be pretty crazy, the movepool would be awesome.

Electric/Rock
With levitate? :D

Electric/Grass
We do need one outside Mow Rotom.

Electric/Flying (Zapdos is the only one with this typing)
This; weee actually do have outside Zapdos already. Fan Rotom (which I wouldn't really count -) but also Emolga.

Electric/Ice
Wouldn't really count Frost Rotom.

Electric/Fire
Wouldn't really count Heat Rotom. :I

Fighting/Ghost
This is another great offensive / defensive mix I think.

Figghting/Ground
I REALLY wish we had this for my Prism League team. It would be amazing offensively.

Fighting/Ice
Hadn't thought of this, liked someone elses viking idea.

Fire/Grass (Could be a plant with leaves resembling flames with a warm color palette)
Possibly my most wanted typing. The two cover so many weaknesses of each other!

Fire/Ice
The IcyHot pokemon. lol but it would be great I think.

Fire/Normal
Weeee actually have one of these, a pretty good one too.

Ghost/Steel
Aegislash... but forget him, I'd like a normal one.

Ghost/Psychic
Hoopa; but event legend. Bleh.

Ghost/Normal
Wish this could exist :I

Ice/Dark (Though this is already used, I'd like to see another besides Weavile)
I can agree; Ice / Dark seems like it could have more than just weavile / sneasel.

Ice/Poison
My favorite along with Fire/Grass. Offensive and defensive mix again.

Ice/Rock
We do have amaura / aurorus. Buuuut they're kinda meh. :I could use another one.

Ice/Steel
Would love to see this; even with 4 x to fire.

Poison/Psychic
Also a great type matchup, only weak to ground, dark, and ghost. MM.

Poison/Rock
Poison needs to be with more period.

Poison/Steel
Like Steel.

Normal/Dragon
Hadn't thought of this one

Then another combo of every type with Fairy lol, because Fairy needs some more variety.[/SPOILER]

My opinions on all these matchups are edited into your post :3 A fair amount of those seem really cool and unique. We can only dreeeeam.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Forgot about Emolga lol XD but I didn't count the other forms because I think it'd be nice to see outside of a mega evolution or alternate form of a Pokemon. Bug/Dragon could be Mega Flygon or possibly Mega Yanmega. I'm honestly surprised we don't have any Bug/Dark or Bug/Psychic types, we could use some more bug variety. I'm tired so I can't recall if we have any Bug/Ground types but that'd be nice too.

I always thought Luxray could be part Dark type, and Electivire could be part Fighting due to their design and movepool.

For Dragon/Fighting I forgot about the 4x Fairy Weakness but yeah I think it'd be a nice type combo. I could see it being a good physical sweeper or something like that. Electric/Psychic would be a pretty awesome Special Mix as well.

For an Electric/Ground Pokemon Levitate would be great! I didn't even think of that. Would be perfect for Chargestone Cave in B/W but it's too late for that :(

Fighting/Ground + Fighting/Ghost would be pretty cool as well. I could see a Mega Cofagrigus being Ghost/Fighting if not Ghost/Steel.

Forgot about Aegislash and Pyroar lol I don't actually own any Generation 6 games so I tend to forget some of those Pokemon, my only knowledge of the Kalos region comes from Serebii, Bulbapedia, Battle Simulators, Threads, and Youtube videos.

Didn't even know Hoopa was a Ghost/Psychic type Pokemon but maybe we could see another one outside of a legendary.

Again I forgot another Generation 6 Pokemon, Amaura/Aurorus .-.
Ice/Steel's double weakness to fire could be pretty bad for it but with the right movepool I could see it working well.

Not really sure what made me think of Normal/Dragon but I thought it'd be interesting. Maybe something like Dragonite without wings, idk.

I think another Psychic/Dragon besides Latios/Latias would be nice too, that's a nice type combo.

Some of the types I listed are kind of hard to picture a design for (like Electric/Poison, I have a hard time picturing that Pokemon's design but it's still a nice idea for a combo imo) but I'm sure the right minds could think of something. Sorry about the errors with the Pokemon ^_^

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Dragon-grass Pokémon is definitely something I would be interested in seeing. There's Mega-Sceptile, but that doesn't necessarily count as a full-fledged one, due to reasons stated in above posts. If Tropius gets an evolution at some point in future, even though it's quite huge by itself (and seems like a third-stage Pokémon to many fans), then I could possibly see it being categorized as such. Only thing that I'm hoping is that it gets boost in right stats, which, I suppose, would be Speed and offenses, as well as gain access to a more variety of dragon-type moves, considering that it's now a dragon and whatnot.

I'm not sure how many people would actually be interested in seeing this, but I know I would! It's quite an underrated Pokémon, so if it ever got something that would give it any boost in popularity, such as an evolution of sorts, I could imagine it to go a long, long way.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
If i repeat anyone sorry in advance.

Bug/Dragon-Mega Flygon?

Dark/Electric-Mega Luxray?

Dark/Fairy-a jester looking pokemon kind of a more sinister Mr.Mime

Fire/Steel-Some kind of steampunk automaton

Rock/Dark-A velociraptor fossil

That's all i got right now.

Polar Spectrum

Years
Oh don't worry about the slips Magic Guard - there's over 700 now, so it's not really crazy everybody misses some :P

Like Impossible - Tyranitar is our Dark Rock haahah. Another would be cool I think though, and I definitely agree Tropius could use a mega :I

It definitely seems to fall into the forgotten category of kangaskhan, mawile, Lopunny; etc....

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I want to see Grass-type Pokémon get more dual-types than just Poison. I would really like to see a powerful Grass/Dragon type that's like... made out of wood, or something. Or designed like this.

I want to see Fairy-types get more dual-types too, like Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Ghost.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I want to see Grass-type Pokémon get more dual-types than just Poison. I would really like to see a powerful Grass/Dragon type that's like... made out of wood, or something. Or designed like this.

I... I love it. <3

I would just like to see Gamefreak experiment more with type combos instead of just using the same ones over and over as a majority and a couple combo breakers. Gen 6 added more single-type Pokemon and some new ones, which was nice, but we always want more 8)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd love a ghost/fighting, and it would make sense as a dusclops split evo

Perhaps they could make it a secondary evolution of Golett, which you could achieve by using something along the lines of Dusk Stone? This Pokémon already seems like a fighting-type to many fans due to its humanoid body; all they would have to do is make it look less like a statue, and it should be all set, I believe!

Back