• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was everyone's first game?

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
The first Pokemon game I played was Gale of Darkness, I was so stupid then. I remember when I got stuck in the lab (In the desert area, I don't remember what the name was.) and I wound up over-leveling my team. XD Good times, good times.

So how about everyone else?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Silver Version. I was in love with that game, and I still am. GSC graphics were epic and classic, and the music was just GOSH!

I played through that game a gazillion times :3

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
If I remember it was either Crystal or R/B/Y. I might of played R/B/Y at a friends house or something but Crystal was my first ever Pokemon game.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Blue. Got it 11 or 12 years ago when i was 6. Ahhhhhh if only i could have understood then what it would start.

Sirfetch’d

My first game was Blue. It seems like it was just yesterday I was playing and not being able to figure out how to even get out of the house. lol. I started with Squirtle and kept Blastoise for 10 years until My game finally gave out.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
First Pokemon game? Probably Pokemon Emerald, to be honest.. or Sapphire. I played those when I was younger.. (didn't grow up with the older ones) so yeah. Emerald and Sapphire forever hold a special place in my heart. <3 I'm pretty sure those are the first ones I played. If not, Pokemon Blue, years after it was released, haha..

Siigari

NU Addict
Years
Mine was Pokemon Blue. I got it when it first came out, and my lil' bro got Red. Wow, I remember playing in high school when it was new. It wasn't super popular yet so I only had 2-3 friends who played it. Heh! I remember the day when Missingno. came out. That was a day of crashing GameBoys and lots of fun and mystery.

Wow, that was a really long time ago. ;3

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
My first game was pokemon Red. I think that's where I got my favoritism toward the color.
I also got a spanish copy of blue, don't ask me how I got it because I honestly don't remember.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Wasn't there a thread like this? Maybe similar.

The first game I played was Pokemon Red back when it came out. It was in French and I don't speak French, so all I did was go forward and kick butts with my Venusaur, until I reached Vermillion City...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It was Pokemon Yellow Version to me, I got it after the anime got really popular because it had freaking Pikachu on the box.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
For me, it was Pokemon Gold. I loved it so much! It was unlike anything I had played before. It's still one of my favourite games in the series. So HeartGold had alot of nostalgia value for me. :)

Years
The first game I ever played was my cousin's Red, I should thank him so so much for giving me the chance to play his Gameboy! it wasn't so popular back. But the game got to me, so I asked my mom to get me a Gameboy and a pokemon game, so she got me Pokemon Yellow and that was the first pokemon game I owned =')

I was so happy back then omg.... I had no clue that this passion for pokemon would stay in me for all this time!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
My first game was Red but I don't remember much beyond Brock and Misty being impossible for me to defeat for a good while.
Nowadays I don't even know how I could lose to them. I miss losing often, in a way; it made the game last a lot longer.

Back