• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was everyone's first game?

Years
My first game was Emerald, which is also my favorite, when I picked Torchic as my starter, but curiosity brought me to FireRed shortly after.
Man I need to play Gen 2 and 4, I don't even remember the name of the Gen 2 games =/

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
My first game ever was Crystal Version. I will always remember it fondly; I spent a lot of time in Goldenrod and Violet City. The latter always reminds me of crisp fall evenings and nights now. It's amazing how the mind can create such associations! All because of my first video game.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

The first Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Yellow - loved it and then, I got Pokemon Gold and I loved that more. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pokemon Silver! I received both Silver and Gold along with a Gameboy Color on my eighth birthday. For some reason I thought Silver was shinier or something so I put that game into my gameboy first and started playing it. Ahh the memories.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it was Blue. Sucked horribly at first until I stopped using crap like Butterfree and Raticate in favor of my trusty Blastoise which became bffs with a Snorlax I caught later on in my run, the carnage was unbelievably simple but oh so glorious at the time.

Last edited:

~Electrivire~

My Imaginary Friend Haz Issuez
Years
First Game:
Sapphire - Started with a Mudkip and then switched my main Pokemon to a Dustox. Got Dustox to level 68 before quitting the game. Mudkip remains a low leveled Mudkip lol. Quit right before Elite 4. I think I might have lost the game, but oh well. It was extremely fun. My final team was:

Dustox - Female, lv. 68
Crawdaunt - Male, lv. 47
Azurill - Female, lv. 15
Wurmple - Male, lv. 3
Wurmple - Male, lv. 7
Wurmple - Female, lv. 8

I really wanted a Beautifly... as you can see by the Wurmples. I only kept Crawdaunt to help Dustox in double battles.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
My first pokemon game was fire red back in 3rd grade. I had just bought my first console, a gba sp, off of a friend for 11 dollars. He gave it to me with fire red in it, when actually he made a mistake. It was supposed to be ruby version. So, the next day when I told him that he also owed me a charger because the gameboy died I also told him that I had fire red. And lemme tell you this firered cart was AWESOME. It had lvl 100 scizor, mewtwo, blastoise, zapdos and Deoxys! Like whoa! Then he told me that it was his brother's game and that he meant to give me Ruby version. So we exchanged. I never took the time to look at my friends pokemon in ruby version, so I probably missed out on a Deoxys but too late for that now. Anyway, I eventually got gold (which i was actually borrowing and it didnt save), then blue(also borrowed and didnt save), then pinball, then pearl, then silver(which didnt save but i fixed it last year), then red, another ruby, then another gold,then trading card game (for gbc), then crystal, then a third ruby, then firered, then emerald, then another firered, and most recently I got Sapphire for my birthday this year. I still have every pokemon game that I've ever owned except for the borrowed ones, obviously. Also, please pardon that wall of improper puncuation. had2bdone.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Blue version! Then I moved on to Yellow and so on. I never got to play Red, but I hear it's not all that different. x)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
My first game was Pokemon Red! I remember playing it when I was in kindergarten. I've grown up with Pokemon and its definitely a huge part of my life.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I remember I was 8 and my brother was 10, I got Blue and he got Red, and we got them the day they came out. I still have my Blue version but it doesn't work, so I just keep my old games as a collection.

Years
Blue. Got it 11 or 12 years ago when i was 6. Ahhhhhh if only i could have understood then what it would start.

I know, pokemon to me used to be jst a game, and I was one of the few who played it. Now its a life style lol. And my fisry game was silver, then for some reason I wanted to get yellow and I did ^-^
I wasn't that "obsessed with pokemon till Ruby came out. Damn good days (._.) I miss'em already

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
For me it was Blue. Sucked horribly at first until I stopped using crap like Butterfree and Raticate in favor of my trusty Blastoise which became bffs with a Snorlax I caught later on in my run, the carnage was unbelievably simple but oh so glorious at the time.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Yeah, Yellow sucks until you go over West of Viridian City and pick up a Mankey to make sure you can fight Brock and win against him.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Back