• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was the first GB pokemon game u ever played?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • Even though my brother got Red and once he beat it he gave it to me, the first GM Pokemon game that at all times belonged to me was Pokemon Version Blue. I remember neglecting it for Versions Red and Yellow. xD

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Blue was my first game, remember my dad said he'd get me Blue and a Gameboy if I learned how to tell time before we went on vacation :D

Guosuto-chan

Identified by SILPH SCOPE
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Blue. Best Christmas ever. And I still have it after more than 10 years, completely beaten. When the internal battery on that thing dies I'm having a memorial service. And then I'm going to replace it and beat it again.

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    I actually cant remember when I got Red, I know I got a Gameboy Pocket in 1996 for Christmas, I think I got Pokemon for my Birthday the next year. I played the crap out of that game, I mastered it too, even for the first time ever playing it, having no knowledge of the game, I managed to catch all the legendary pokemon. I remember I beat the Elite 4 with just a Zapdos and Thunder. Then one day I tried Gameshark from my freind, deleted my game, I cried, lol.

Then I think I got Pokemon Yellow with a Gameboy Color in 1999, and then I got both Gold and Silver when they came out from ToysRus. What a glorious day, I remember I beat Silver first, then just put in Gold and started playing that which I eventually beat as well, then I traded Ho-oh to my Silver game and my party was unstoppable in that game.

Ahh good times they were.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    Yellow I still play it to this very day thought its not the same one as when i was only 4

Arukas

ラドクリフ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    Blue was the first one i ever played but it was my brothers i wasn't that in to pokemon back then

Silver was the first one i owned when it first came out

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    My cousin showed me his Pokemon Blue. He let me play it for the first time, and I fell in love! I wanted a copy of my own so bad, so I asked my dad to go buy me one.
    He came back with Yellow, which is the first Pokemon game I've ever owned :)

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • My first was Silver, followed by Crystal. I then got Yellow in a preowned game store. Since then, I've bought every game in each generation.

Crystal will always be my favourite <3

Sandshrew

Poke-n00b extraordinaire!
    Years
  • Oh my god ..... memories of my beautiful red version,
    I remember getting pokemon red and a purple gameboy color for my 11th birthday way back in 1997,

I think that year was the most fun I've ever had in my entire life.
    (my sister got blue so i remember trading with her for days on end.)

i was the first person to beat the elite four/catch mewtwo the entire school crowded around me to see me do it!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 23, 2009
    I played Yellow first. I had wanted to play red when it came out, but was stuck jealously staring as my cousin hogged it.

Years
  • red

i remember being ecstatic when kakuna evolved.

then silver
    then crystal

then all gen 3 on emulators

then platinum
    now i have an actual ruby im going through.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    I got red, blue, and my gameboy all on my birthday.
    If I remember correctly, I played red first, but I beat blue before I beat red.

Years
  • POKEMON
    SILVER
    VERSION

which was the best game for the gameboy color back then anyway.. and stil is
    it was my first gb game on my first gb and i still love it...
    i remeber i had like so many hours of playtime on it when i loaded my saved game .. i had seen/caught about 230 pkmn w/o trading or anything bcz i didnt know anyone w/ a cable or that wanted to trade until after playing it for like 2 years ..i got pissed off when i accidentaly saved over it bcz i restarded the game for fun but i didnt mean to save it... and this happined like 3 or 4 times to me.. it was ********.. then like 2 yrs back it stopped saving bcz i guess it needed a new battery oh well.. but by 2005 i had every game except pkmn green for the gb gbc,, and later i got pkmn ruby then fire red and emerald which i still have... altho i am disappointed that i traded them all especially when i had a perfectly good crystal version,,to like gamestop...

Back