• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was the first GB pokemon game u ever played?

Suzuna

~Contest Queen~
    Years
    My brother's Red, then he played Blue, I played yellow for a bit, but stopped because I couldn't beat Brock with Pikachu (I was only 6), after that it was Gold, then Leaf Green and now Diamond

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
    i the first i played was blue, it was my cousin's. then me and my siblings got silver, and we had to share it. X_x later i got gold (it was officially my first one) and i got yellow that same birthday.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    My brothers Yellow when I was about 3, but later I got my own game, Silver, then Crystal, Yellow, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, Pearl, and finally Platinum!

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    blue - for my birthday. a while ago.
    then silver, crystal, sapphire, emerald, leafgreen, diamond, now platinum, and soon (?) SoulSilver

BobXX

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Blue version

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2010
    Green, actually. Emulated of couse, but (somewhat) legal because Green has no official status in North America AFAIK.

Years
    The first I played was Yellow, the first I owned was Crystal.

One sick thing! I work at a GameStop store in Sweden, today i found something really interresting, one of my colleuges had bought a used Pokémon Blue (to the store ofc), and I bought it. It was the find of a lifetime! I payed 6 SEK for it, which is like 0.6€ with todays exchange rate =) I'm happy!

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    The first Pokemon games I played were Red and Blue. I got them for Christmas when I was in 5th grade, and I still haven't put them down.

ravenboy9

Arkansan Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    Gold. The X-mas it came out. I also got the Gold and Silver Collectable Game Bag, which I still have in mint condition. I wonder how much it's worth now, not that I would sell it. >:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    My first was Pokemon Crystal, and i must say it was amazingly epic, than i played gold + silver, than R,Y,B, played ruby-emerald and havnt' played any new ones since

Finnel

Years
    First I played was my brother's Blue, then his Red, and then his Yellow... The first one that was actually mine was Crystal.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    My first game was Pokemon Blue. I will never forget opening that present on Christmas with a gameboy and Pokemon Blue, I was out of my mind haha. I just loved it.

Years
    Pokemon Gold, Was the first Pokemon game I ever played, Thats what mainly got me into the Pokemon game's but the Anime was better for me in my childhood.

Back