• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first pokemon you ever got?

SatoshiLuver

Pokemon Master
Years
  • =D i got bunches of replies. i think the first one i ever caught was sentret... it took me a whole month to get to cherrygrove in my silver version. lol. i was only like...5 at the time ^^' that place was like a freaking maze to me!! by the time i got through my cyndaquil was on an abnormally gigh level for that point in the game XD

Years
  • My first Pokemon was Charmander on my sister's Red Version. I originally wanted to pick Bulbasaur because I had heard that Bulbasaur was good for beginners, but my sister told me that Bulbasaur was her favourite and I couldn't pick it as long as I was playing her game. So I picked Charmander instead. This was way back in 1998.
    I think some of the other Pokemon I trained back in the early game files were, for the most part, basic run-of-the-mill wild Pokemon - i.e. Rattata, Pidgey, Butterfree, Oddish...

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • Torchic from Pokemon Ruby. I didn't exactly come in at the start of the series, I was a bit late. But he just..Well, I don't consider him my real first Pokemon for many reasons..

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • My first was Squritle from Pokemon Blue, which was soon followed by Pidgey. I never really played Pokemon back then though, so that time wasn't really my first "proper" play through until many months later when I picked it back up and had Pikachu in Yellow.

Years
  • My first one was Squirtle in my Blue version. When I first started playing Pokemon, the only Pokemon I raised was that Squirtle and I managed to beat the game with it. I had other HM slaves to help me get pass some areas.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    My first game was Silver [I was late with games], and my first starter was Totodile. Three of may favorite Pokemon today are Totodile, Crocinaw, and Feraligatr.
    I miss that game so much, desu....

Mr.Person

Master Of Pearl
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    My first was Charmander on the Red version. I got the fire red version to and tranfered the charmander he has the same as the first to he is still with me :)

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Pikachu in Yellow version. I traded it to my Brother's Blue and Evolved it. Then I traded it back and trained it to level 100.

Back