• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first video game you ever played?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • I just looked through the forum and couldn't find a similar thread, which surprised me. I'm sure it's existed at some point though lol

So, what was the first video game you ever played, and what gaming system was it on? How old were you when you were first introduced to the world of gaming? Share with us your earliest gaming anecdotes/memories :)

Please don't list the questions and give one word answers... it makes me want to cry lol

Years
  • It has existed before because I have made one too, but a while back! :D

Anyway, this is always a tough one to try and remember, but I swear that it was the original Prince of Persia for the SNES. I remember it being so hard it was untrue but it was such a fun game and this .gif makes me nostalgia SO HARD.

However, I have no idea how old I was, considering this game came out in '89, the year I was born, it couldn't have been too far down the line when I played it. My parents had a SNES and I found it one day with PoP...​

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    Easy. Sonic the Hedgehog 1 for the Sega Genesis. I practically BEGGED my parents at the time for Genesis and game and after much badgering, I got it.

And it still works today.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Super Mario Kart for the Snes. I was five at the time I got it and I still have the same system and cartridge collection today. Fun times were definitely had.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    PAC-MAN!!! Remembered playing it on the arcade since I was REALLY YOUNG. (can't remember the age though)
    Or is it Mario, not sure though.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • My first game was Super Mario Land, fun game it was... I was about 3 - 4 When I played it on the Gameboy. I still remember vividly when I defeated the last boss. :')

Machu Pichu

oddsoul.
    Years
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 for my Sega. Me and my bud would always play whenever he came over. He was always Sonic and I was Tails, because TAILS COULD FLY B)

And I've pretty much loved Sonic games ever since :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    There was some computer games that I think I played when I was really little. However, the first video game that I remember playing would have to be Pokemon Silver version. Yes, I was a late comer, with it being my first game when I was like... eight. xD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Super Mario Bros. for the NES. IIRC, I didn't get past world 1-3 during my first attempt :X And I played that at the house of someone we knew since we didn't have games in our own home at the time...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I had Sesame Street: ABC/123, Blades of Steel, and Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt all at the same time.

I don't really remember which was the first I played. But, to keep my gamer cred I'm saying Mario and not Sesame Street

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I guess I should answer since it's my own thread lol

The first game I played was Super Mario All Stars on the SNES.

It came with the SNES I got for Christmas when I was 5 years old (I still remember opening it that morning, I was so excited) and I became the MASTER of that game. I think I played it until like 2003 when I got my GameCube and there was no longer room on the powerboard to have the SNES operating :P

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • Super Mario Bros., I played it on Pegasus (a cheap clone of NES, sold in Poland and some other Eastern European country). Those were the times :D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Pokémon Blue. :awwwyeaaah:
    Back when I was 5 on my 5th birthday.
    My dad gave it to me, he played it the night before and said 'I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. A mouse thing kept attacking me. Your gonna fail at it.'
    Now, look at me, pa!

Back