• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

The Last time you watched anime was...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    If you can consider the PV for Tales of Hearts to be anime, I just watched that. Oh, and the intro to Tales of Innocence, which is effing epic. It's really a shame they didn't release ToI here in the States – it would've done pretty well, I think. Having played it (really, playing it), I have a good idea.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Moble Suit Gundam 00

It's a pretty good show but the Gundams still look too similar. :(

"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you."
    -Annoying Haro

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    So many people are picking Naruto...

Last Anime, eh? Let's see... There were two of them that I watched today.

First, I watched that new Dragonball Special, Heya! Return of Goku and Everyone or something like that. Pretty good for a Dragonball movie. All the characters get battle time (by that, I mean everyone but Goten and Trunks gets approximately 5 seconds of fighting). The fight was pretty anti-climactic (and sort of hokey), but the way it ended was a nice change of pace for once.

It was definitely one of the funniest Specials I've seen. The new character came out of left field (par for the course where Dragonball is concerned), and it was kind of funny that, being a Saiyan, he was married to a creature that looks like she was designed by Sanrio. Vegeta's abrupt change of composure upon meeting the guy's wife was definitely hilarious. And even Mr. Satan and Roshi were up to their old tricks again. All in all, not too bad for something that hasn't really had any significant updates for I don't know how long.

The other one that I've been revisiting since I found subtitled episodes, Onegai My Melody. And it would take way too long to go into detail about that one. Suffice it to say, it's cute, silly, and twisted. Seriously, it's like the people at Sanrio just went completely insane and thought up the craziest, goofiest things to do with a bunch of their characters. My Melody is an airhead on the level of Usagi from Sailor Moon, and Kuromi has a crush on a human character (which is just strange, but funny).

I don't want to talk too much about it, but there's just so many things that I could say about it. It rips off so many Anime cliches, themes, and storylines that you forget you're watching a cute rabbit in a pink hood who occasionally remembers that she actually has to save the world. Yeah, they're probably doomed.

On a side note, I did hear somewhere that a key character from the show (Usamimi Kamen) is going to be getting his own show next year. I won't tell you what 'Usamimi Kamen' means, but you can easily look that up on the internet. You'll probably get a laugh out of it.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • The other one that I've been revisiting since I found subtitled episodes, Onegai My Melody. And it would take way too long to go into detail about that one. Suffice it to say, it's cute, silly, and twisted. Seriously, it's like the people at Sanrio just went completely insane and thought up the craziest, goofiest things to do with a bunch of their characters. My Melody is an airhead on the level of Usagi from Sailor Moon, and Kuromi has a crush on a human character (which is just strange, but funny).

I don't want to talk too much about it, but there's just so many things that I could say about it. It rips off so many Anime cliches, themes, and storylines that you forget you're watching a cute rabbit in a pink hood who occasionally remembers that she actually has to save the world. Yeah, they're probably doomed.

On a side note, I did hear somewhere that a key character from the show (Usamimi Kamen) is going to be getting his own show next year. I won't tell you what 'Usamimi Kamen' means, but you can easily look that up on the internet. You'll probably get a laugh out of it.
    Onegai My Melody is so awesome but yet so hard to convince people to watch, since they'll be like "lol sanrio".
    Too bad they'll never get to experience the twisted humor.

IKEMEN BEAM!

I recently watched the crappy web-anime rendition of BLAME!
    It made me want to shoot myself with a Gravitational Beam Emitter. It's that bad.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Onegai My Melody? Lol, Hello Kitty. I've watched a few episodes on it in Local TV, though I can't seem to follow up.

Skip beat 8. I wish episode 9 would come out already.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I spent the last three days, instead of doing my reports and all that =_=, to watch Ouran High School Host Club. Pretty good actually. It actually got me watching until the very end.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Onegai My Melody? Lol, Hello Kitty. I've watched a few episodes on it in Local TV, though I can't seem to follow up.

I plan on doing more of an actual summary/review on it at some point, since alot of people seem to be put off by the fact that it's Sanrio and it looks like an Anime for little kids. Well, it is Sanrio, and it IS an Anime for kids, so I guess I can understand some of the skepticism (ironically, even on a Pokemon forum). But trust me, the show is way more twisted than most realize. Now this part goes to all the non-believers. If you thought the pairing threads in Pokemon were crazy, just wait until you see what Sanrio came up with and put to practical use in the Anime. I have a feeling that jaws are gonna drop.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Lets see.

My Last Anime was a Special.

Called

Dragon Ball Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!

I liked it alot! Awesome Special

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Last anime I watched was Death Note...

The last anime I watched before posting here was Death Note, though I can't remember what episode it was LOL:P

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Tales of the Abyss ep. 9

OMG! Could Luke finally be developing some backbone? Are his days of whining like a spoiled brat finally behind him? Hmmm... Guess we'll have to wait and see, but he's taken the first step toward self-improvement, at least.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back