• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

.hack

skunkape
Years
  • I finished Junji Ito Maniac which was a decent watch, I loved the OST, but I think I actually preferred the previous series Junji Ito Collection. Even tho that was very poorly received, I assumed maniac will be generally received much the same.

I also watched what released of Record of Ragnarok and again enjoyed that, will be eagerly awaiting the last five eps when they drop!

I forget to mention Bubble & A Whisker Away in my last post as two of the netflix movie's I watched, both were pretty average tho without much to write home about.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    It was the latest episode of Urusei Yatsura. I love the general look and music of this new adaptation, but the pacing is starting to drag for me. The manga (which I've been reading at the same time) is pretty brisk and I think that's a core appeal of the series. The anime kind of misses that. Everything feels a little more drawn out than I'd prefer.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • On netflix I watched the first two parts of Kengan Ashura and was super unimpressed, had constantly heard it compared to Baki and recommended, but was extremely average and I had a lot of gripes with it. Not a touch on Baki.

After finishing those I started Spriggan too!

Years
  • Last anime I might have watched was Birdy the Mighty OVA from 1996. I saw it late one night through a discord call because I was bored with a friend and we hit the random button on this anime site. It was... weird but interesting. Maybe I'll finish it maybe I won't.

As for last manga I read it is Bleach. Been trying to keep up with reading it because reading is easier than sitting down and making time to watch something.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I started Junji Ito Maniac this week. I've only seen one ep so I can't really judge it yet obviously. Right now though... I'd say it's more 'weird' than 'scary'

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Finally got around to watching Re:Creators. Pretty good all around. Gonna have to do a review on it tomorrow :P

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Binged the entirety of Bocchi the Rock the other day. Great songs, no unnecessary fanservice and a loveable cast. Loved it so much that I need a season 2 and english manga release immediately

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • The Nier Automata anime finally started in english dub so I started watching it obviously. Honestly... it's pretty great so far. I know it's only one episode but still. I feel like it's doing a great job covering the game so far. In fact... they even covered one of the 'parody' endings during the ending/preview lol. I also really like how the anime is acting like it's still a video game. It really is great and I'm loving it so far. I hope it keeps this up.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Dr. Stone S3 has officially started dubbed. Yep. It has. Pretty fast honestly. Works out great for me though. Make sure you watch the one-hour-ish 'Ryusui' special as it takes place between S2 and S3 and is important. I already did luckily. Either way... can't wait to see where this anime goes. But it's doubtful it can match that last season. Oh well I guess.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Dr Stone new season. The pacing was incredibly fast, but it's exhilarating. I'm curious to know who originally fired the petrification beam.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Ranking of Kings: Treasure Chest of Courage has now started dubbed. I mean... some content is better than no content at all I guess. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts...

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I watched ep 5 of Dirty Pair last night like 3rd rewatch. Rewatching a few different anime but feeling that one last few days

JCXD7L

Decidueye.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm currently reading Blue Lock. Story is pretty good, panels are well drawn it's pretty fun. The things the characters say sometimes are wild though lol.

Back