• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The Bourne Supremacy (and The Bourne Identity the day before that).

Never seen them before! Enjoyable enough, I suppose. Supremacy was better than Identity. We'll chew through the next two ones before xmas too, I figure.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train 劇場版「鬼滅の刃」 無限列車編

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Tenet, which firmly cemented my stance that time travel movies can't be done well if it's anything besides a framing device. I'm glad to see RPattz is getting to do more serious work now though,

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • my sister stayed the night with us on christmas eve due to the weather so naturally we watch the perfect christmas film....................napoleon dynamite

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I watched Hush from 2016. Pretty good. It felt like a reverse-role Don't Breath, but pretty thrilling overall. I was surprised, as it takes place in Alabama, how the victims weren't even armed 🙄

Years
  • just watched Pixar's Soul with the gf. lemme just say that it made me feel the "Pixar Tingles" (impacts me in a big way and makes me cry). haven't felt that since Inside Out. sadly not as strong as Up. but i'm happy Pixar's coming back to being the amazing storytellers i know them for <3

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Finally got around to see the new Mulan. Very disappointed with it. The movie itself had a lot of potential with some of the alterations it made, but it failed to develop them in any way that was meaningful overall. And the same can be said with really any of the cast outside of Mulan herself. Scenery was very pretty, music was actually quite lovely, and some of the costume design was nice (although some of it was also widely inaccurate), but overall just a disappointing movie. And that's without accounting for all the political controversies surrounding it.

Just go watch the animated one. It's a lot better.

Years
  • It's a Wonderful Life, a classic + perfect for the holiday season.

It has a lot of very funny scenes, some sad moments, followed by beautiful and tender parts that warm your heart. How can you not like George Bailey? He's so hardworking, humble, thoughtful, good and giving, while also a still being human. He feels regret, yearnings, anger, desperation, makes mistakes and needs help sometimes too like we all do, despite trying to constantly stuff down his emotions. He also has a sense of humor. Jimmy Stewart gave such a great performance, there's so much expression in his face, and he has epic comedic timing too. Donna Reed is also so beautiful and likeable. Her character is fun, down-to-earth clever and an amazing partner for any man. You really feel the fierce loyalty to her family and love for her community in her subtle and expressive performance. This luminous actress just lights up the screen with her beauty and warmth. I love her.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The Bourne Legacy
    idk, we didn't finish it even. don't bother with it, just watch the Bourne trilogy - this fourth one is quite unnecessary seemslike

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I think it was Sonic The Hedgehog, which I thought was pretty good!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Batman vs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles It was... alright, I guess. Not the best depiction of the ninja turtles, but not the worst, either. Batman was okay, though, and hearing Tara Stong as Harley quinn wasn't all that bad.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • we watched founder tonight which is about the founding of mcdonalds. it was very interesting but also made me not wanna go there again lmao. it's pretty interesting and i was afraid it was gonna be boring, but it was very entertaining and i was glued. i am not an easy person to glue to movies btw, i cannot sit and watching movies very easily. i get bored but lol welp.

Years
  • Excalibur. It's a work of art! Look at those frames.

My favorite scene is after Arthur is ready to ride out into battle with his knights against Mordred. The music is so heroic as he charges on his horse, and it's splendid seeing everything burst into bloom again after Camelot had been a wasteland for years.

Years
  • We Can Be Heroes (2020) on Netflix. it was pretty darn meh, but there were a few plot twists here and there that did kinda catch me offguard. ain't ever much of a kids-centric movie fan, but the gf promised we could watch Queen's Gambit after so i made an exception lmao.

Years
  • Gawain in the Green Knight. It was a film adaptation from 1991 I think. I hadn't heard of this movie before, it was just something I found on YouTube, but It was quite good. It was acted well, it was very faithful to the text it is based on, it was atmospheric and eerie at times. I fell a little in love with Jason Durr as Gawain. Malcolm Storry's performance was especially strong. All of the principles were perfect in fact, including the lady.

Years
  • Spectacular! the Nickelodeon TV movie from like 2008 or something. finally watched it in full for the first time a few days ago at my gf's place and by golly the songs were so good. though i think i already gushed about that in another thread lol. overall an easy feel-good movie to watch, which is something i like :D

Years
  • Jingle Jangle ... if I had to rate it, I'd give it an 8/10

I know how cliche movies centered around the winter holidays can be. Everyone is dressed up in fancy colorful clothes, doing fantastic things in a winter wonderland surrounded by tinsel, decorations, and Christmas trees, and buying expensive gifts while shop workers smile, unblinking, as their emotions drain away from their hearts.

That last point was exaggerated, but, ignoring that, I found this movie started strongly as a typical Christmas movie.
    They toymaker Jeronicus' beginning, his struggle to stay afloat while his apprentice became a toy mogul, and his redemptive journey was surrounded by a great collection of songs, set in a world that seemed to always be Christmas.
    I actually really liked the antagonist's first song when he tries to present the Twirly Whirly to the public.
    However I was a bit jaded by the holiday decorations by the time I got to watch this movie, so the colorful outfits, sets, and theme started to wear on me near the middle of the story.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Uncle Buck (as requested by my dad, who says it's one of his favorite movies). It was a genuinely funny movie. The only thing I didn't like was Tia because she was so rude for the majority of the movie. She eventually grew to love Uncle Buck, but when I rewatched it, it was so hard to watch her in the beginning.

Back