• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What was the worst trick you fell for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I had first heard that there was some backyard behind Bill's house, and it contained extremely rare pokemon, and all the starters. Since I believed it, I tried to get more info and wound up finding out that you had to show Bill really rare pokemon of your own, and I can only remember being told to show him a Dragonite and Porygon. xD

Since I knew I'd never get a Dragonite, I didn't even try.

(RBY)

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Yeah, I fell for that "Mew/truck" thing, except the way I heard it was entirely different; you need to get behind it, teach Chansey strength, and push the truck foreward. If you went in front, your rival would get in, and run you over, killing you and your pokemon (WTF? XD)

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    ... XD

I don't know why, but that's absolutely hilarious for some reason. xD I burst into laughter at the words "drove it". :x

Officer Jenny would totally bust you. You're ten for god's sake! :p

I heard that if you raised sixteen level 100 Pokemon and went to the Celadon game corner, an old woman would give you Pikablu. I didn't even try.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2007
    Mm.. i think the truck thing. I spent hours to try move that truck on R/B/Y

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    In Blue, I found Missingno and caught it... Let's say it didn't turn out good.

you learn something everyday o.o, i didnt know it had a negetiv effect lol, i used the missingno glitch to dupe items loads :eek:

i caught loads of missingnos, they evolve into kankaskhan im telling you!

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • you learn something everyday o.o, i didnt know it had a negetiv effect lol, i used the missingno glitch to dupe items loads :eek:

i caught loads of missingnos, they evolve into kankaskhan im telling you!

You are a brave person. Missing No and it's buddies have different effects on different games. One error that always happens with that trick is that your Hall of Fame gets messed up. I, myself, never tried catching one, but after cloning a bunch of items, my game got corrupted. D=

BTW, you caught an 'M. They turn into Kankaskhans, not Missing Noes.

Years
  • ^ Catching Missingno won't mess up your game, just make your HoF look cooler. Missingno isn't really all that gret in battling though.

I was told that the grass beside Pallet Town had Mew, legendaries, and starters in it.

I was told that if you talk to Kurt 100 times and give him 100 apricorns, he'll make you a GS Ball and take you into the Ilex Forest to capture Celebi.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • ^ Catching Missingno won't mess up your game, just make your HoF look cooler. Missingno isn't really all that gret in battling though.
    I didn't say catching it messes up your game. Stop putting words in my mouth! I said that my game got corrupted after cloning a bunch of items. Do people even read these days?

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
  • somebody told me that they did a glitch where if I traded my ho-oh and lugia that were level one hundred for his pikachu and mewtwo they'd evolve into a pikablu and a mewthree.

lets just say I don't have a lugia and ho-oh anymore -_-

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • I heard about the celebi event GS ball thingy and thought it ment in all versions not just the japenese one so I literaly spent days trying to find the girl that gave u the GS ball, then I read it could only be obtained in japan.
    What was the worst trick you fell for?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • when I was looking for Mewthree also there was this trick that if you have a Mewtwo and caught it with a master ball and you have to have MissinNo. in your Party and when you caught the Mewtwo it will have the head of a Dragonite

:t354:TG

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • When I was a bit smaller, I got that game as a present. Someone told me that if you unscrew the cart, you can see a white microchip. He said that if you take it out, it glitches the game's wild pokemon so you can catch pikablu. That was so obviously bull I didn't fall for it even then!

Metakazam

Is a Loon.
    Years
  • Yeah, I fell for that "Mew/truck" thing, except the way I heard it was entirely different; you need to get behind it, teach Chansey strength, and push the truck foreward. If you went in front, your rival would get in, and run you over, killing you and your pokemon (WTF? XD)

LOL yeah thats for some reason came accross as really funny xD

Well yeah I was told if you cautch a level 26 mr mime Somewere in the game and talked to proof oak he would battle you and if you win you get 100 masterballs and all 252 pokemon HAHA yup i fell for it

Orochi

Orochi - ShimaKage
    Years
  • 2 tricks i fell for.

i fell for the truck trick and the missingo trick,i couldnt find out what was in that truck and i caught the bug poke-missingo ^--^
    and the one in fire red when you beat the third gym and all your pokemon are lv30,you come back to oak and you get a groudon,i was pissed when i found out that it was a fake.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Ooh. *adds to the wall of shame*

When I was younger, I heard about this "cheat" called Thief City, where if you go through the E4 challenge X number of times, Professor Oak will get tired of having to get you recorded in the Hall of Fame and will simply let you wander around back there. If you wandered far enough away, you'll come to a door which will lead to a hidden city where you can buy Master Balls and Thief Balls (which allowed you to capture Pokemon already owned by trainers) and battle your rival for a gym badge.

So, needless to say, I think I fought the E4 about thirty times before going, "Hey. Waitaminute..."

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
  • As much as I hate to admit it, I fell for a lot of these. I tried the truck thing, every possible way to catch Mew (which made me not try the real Mew glitch when I heard about it for a while), everything to do with Missingno., and trying to get around in the back of the E4. What wastes of time.

But, I almost feel like getting fooled into all of this is part of what makes trainers have such fond memories. You almost feel like you've been through a lot with pokemon. Wow, even I knew how lame that sounded.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I tried the truck thing too and I also hoped that mom would give you Togepi...

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I sort of fell for Talk to the trash a few times then Oak will tell you to fight the E4 then after you beat them an unreasonable number of times you'd get Togepi... after hearing all that I tried battling the E4 a lot, but I doubted it'd work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back