• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What was the worst trick you fell for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2007
    please be aware that catching any missingno. will corrupt your game, or, totally renew your game
    i've done an experiment once
    so be careful
    missingno. for me i just use them to duplicate items

ya i do fell to the mew truck trick too
    catching mew has the other way
    and i guess u guys already know them
    lol

nosferatu

so you like... stuff?..cool...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    please be aware that catching any missingno. will corrupt your game, or, totally renew your game
    i've done an experiment once
    so be careful
    missingno. for me i just use them to duplicate items

lol

i dont know about missingno
    (i let my mum play blue and her name is KATTEEfemale symbol so there is a trainer that has it but *sigh* its uncatchable)
    but i got a 'm and my game is fine sometimes the graphics go strange but looking at a normal pokemon fixes it

Last edited:

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
  • I caught missingo and saved it, then released it when i found out what it did.
    After that, about a week later i battled my friend.
    He didn't have a single pikachu in his squad, but for me he kept on sending out lots of lvl 1 pikachu's... they just kept dieing... i was all "wtf?"

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    If you guys are wondering about the truck thing and want to see it (do nothing).

• Go to Vermillion city, go to the guy who you flash the ticket to.
    • Try walk past. He says 'the ship set sail'.
    • This the sometimes difficult part: Press right and press start right after pressing it.
    • If you did it right, you'll be standing infront of the man facing right.
    • Save the game.
    • Switch off.
    • Turn back on. ContinueIf you did it right, you will be facing right. Do not move!
    • Use Surf on a Pokemon.
    • Press down.
      You can now visit the truck without purposely dying on the SS Anne.
    rewritten from this page (with screenshots).

jiggleypeff

a chinpokomon
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    what i did to get to the truck was just skip ss anne altogether and get a pokemon from a different cartridge that knew cut and came back later when i knew surf.. but if u glitch past the ticket holder.. how do you get past back out into vermillion city?

a trick i fell for once.. a friend told me that if you have a lvl 80 or higher pokemon in your party you can grab one fossil and trade the nerd a gold nugget for the other fossil. i started a new game all for nothing with that one.

once my friend trick me and got my holographic charizard for some less significant trade.. when i found out how rare the charizard really was, i went home and took a weedle card and took shiny stickers and cut them up and placed them around weedle and traded it for my charizard back. XD

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • If you guys are wondering about the truck thing and want to see it (do nothing).

• Go to Vermillion city, go to the guy who you flash the ticket to.
    • Try walk past. He says 'the ship set sail'.
    • This the sometimes difficult part: Press right and press start right after pressing it.
    • If you did it right, you'll be standing infront of the man facing right.
    • Save the game.
    • Switch off.
    • Turn back on. ContinueIf you did it right, you will be facing right. Do not move!
    • Use Surf on a Pokemon.
    • Press down.
      You can now visit the truck without purposely dying on the SS Anne.
    rewritten from this page (with screenshots).

It works. I've tried it, but I never recorded it in my emulator.

LMAO!!!

When I was on YouTube I saw a video showing how to catch Mew.I was totally up for catching him but then I thought..."Is it photoshopped?" and I didnt try.It may work though but I cant find my game.I will try if I find it.

I don't know how you can photoshop a video, but some people will hacked the game and record it.

Lash

Years
  • I actually thought that you could catch a Kecleon thing when it appeared in the Johto seasons. My friend tricked me by saying he had a Kecleon XD

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • Mew and that DAMN TRUCK!

That truck DOES NOT MOVE DAMMIT.

-_-;

I think I literally cried over the hype and epic fail of not getting that Mew.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • Nothing to do with the game itself, but my firend told me when I was little that there would be a live-action pokemon movie.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I fell for the Mew Truck

My neighbor fell for the "Beat the Elite Four 50 times and Bill takes you into his backyard and gives you Mew"

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Nothing to do with the game itself, but my firend told me when I was little that there would be a live-action pokemon movie.

That was probably a bad interpretation of the live action pokemon Musical that went around for a short period of time. lol, yes, im serious.

Worst trick I fell for was anything to do with Mew. The truck especially. Never heard of the beat the elite four 50 times though.

Worst thing that happened to me though was, I was trading with a friend, who had a Mew, and immediately afterwards. I went and did the Missingo deal, and the 100+ pokemon that showed up was Mew! I was so happy.... then.... my game crashed.

Years
  • I heard that if you beat the Elite Four 100 times in the first gen, you became a Gym leader lol. Think i stopped counting at 25, atleast it wasn't a 'scam', because you only lost time, but gained experience, money and some kind of ego lol.

Slightly unrelated but there was a massive rumour going round that in the second gen games (weren't released when it was circulating) you could get a motorbike.

I tried the missingno cheat on Yellow...that was my first Pokemon game, but i got Blue like YEARS later. Think it was when RS was out! Think i did TRY it...i had yellow and i was only completing Blue because my mum got it me because it was in sale lol.

I remember about the Magikarp to Mew thing, mustn't have bothered. Either ways i just got Mew and Celebi off friends, god knows if they were reall or not lol.

Haven't got any of the event pokemon since the Crystal days though:( mostly because everyone turned to a teenager and went off getting drunk, getting girls etc etc. Not trading in Diamond yet, waiting till i complete it, the Elite Four is to hard this gen lol.

Riku4526

Emoticonist ^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    When i played pokemon (metals and colors) I never even knew about those XD Except for Mewthree i still didn't believe in that...

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2008
    i was told that a taking a L100 chansey into the game corner would give you a 100% chance of winning...

also i fell for every magikarp -> mew trick

the truck i didn't ever try to move

collecting eevee and its evolutions (3 in the case of RBY) and then showing them to bill would unlock pikablu....we actually tried this knowing already that it was fake...

as a kid i guess i was desperate to get something new and exciting

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back