• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Was Your First Pokemon In Dppt?

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
Years
  • Starly or Shinx on Diamond (BORING!)

Platinum however, I traded my starter for a newly hatched Growlithe called Faith, she's one of the most awesome team members I've ever had :D

Also, been doing a Flying monotype for practice lately, traded the starter for a Murkrow, he's pretty sweet

Omochi

Omochi:Electric Fan
    Years
  • Shinx~
    I basically hunted it down since I really wanted it.

Followed closely by bidoof~

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • I guess I am the odd ball. I didn't get any other Pokemon until Orebaugh. I got Geodude first, and then Onix. Then I went out and got the others that I passed on my way to them.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I caught a starly but i did not use it, but the first pokemon i caught and used was a Crogunk in the great marsh i dont know why it originally took me so long to capture something nothing appealed to me untill i say him

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    Diamond: Starly
    Platinum #1: Starly
    Platinum #2: Starly

I like Starly.. Sue me. :D

-Tator

Years
  • MINE WAS A STARLY. ON PEARL OF COURSE its cheaper and its the only Pokemon game I've got. I'm looking forward to the release of Pokemon complete darkness on the 29th.

pallet town

From the town of Pallet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    Sadly, I too caught a Bidoof as my first pokemon, shortly followed by a Shinx. The Bidoof became my HM slave, while the Luxray is still a valuable member of my team.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    shinx my friend went upto the 6th gym in platinum with one pokemon he hacked his game go his pokemkon could learn any move but that was it

Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    I have all three games here.

Diamond, my Starter was Turtwig and I first caught a Bidoof, Starly, Kricketot, than Shinx. Turtwig and Shinx stuck around till their full evolutions and helped me beat the Elite Four.

Pearl, wanted to try something a bit different cause I was reading up so I started with Piplup (Might do that again) and my first catch was a Shinx. I actually went for a Nature that boosted it's best stat. Now I've got a Turtwig on that game too and went breeding a Female Luxray with a Male Floatzel for Ice Fang. ^_^

Platinum, I went for Starly and put the others into a box and slowly built the team up. I though did start with Chimchar cause while I love Fire-types, couldn't really get past the whole Monkey with the flaming rear thing till now. Both Pokemon are now my top performers and capable of doing ALOT of Damage in short order.

Back