• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first video game?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
  • My first game was Super Mario Land on the Nintendo Gameboy. I was around 2 - 3 when I started playing it. I still play Mario games till this day, it is amazing how far its come...

Nakala Pri

I can't really recall... I think it might have been Mario Party N64... I'm pretty sure I was being Toad (for some reason I was obsessed about him) and mashing in buttons and my siblings realized they never should have let a four year old near the gaming controller. xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The very first video game I ever played was Pokémon Yellow, when I was...I think I was 7. 2nd game was Grandia.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • T'was Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Actually it was a split cartridge - Mario Bros., and Ice Hockey. They were pretty fun games; I used to play them with my dad all the time!

pixelrynn

SHSL Writer
    Years
  • Spongebob Squarepants and the Creature from the Krusty Krab for the game boy advance. The game was rather okay. But I have fond memories of it uvu

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Super Mario Bros., came with the NES my grandmother bought. First game ever :*)

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Ah, the first game a gamer ever played. It's like 8-bit virginity!

Mine was either Pokemon Blue, or The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
    Both of which have become a couple of my favorite games of all time.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It's a tie between Pitfall for the Atari 2600 or some ninja beat-em-up game for the Commodore 64. I say a tie because those are the earliest games that I can remember playing, and always requesting for the ninja game's floppy disk.

Years
  • My first games were Super Mario Bros. for the NES, and Sonic The Hedgehog for Genesis. Which came first, I can't quite remember...

Years
  • Hmm... The first game I played was one of those those come with a PC. The first I remember was Age of Empires when I was 3.

From Laurentum

A Newbie in the Community
    Years
  • The first video game that I played was Super Mario Bros. while the first video game that I actually owned was Pokemon FireRed. Dad gave my FR to me as a gift for being an honor student. (I know, they're somehow spoiling me.) It came with a GBA too. Ahhh... good times.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    first video game: super mario world on my SNES which i don't know what ever happened to it
    first video game on a console other then SNES: sonic the hedgehog(1991)
    first handheld video game as well as the first pokemon game i ever owned: pokemon yellow. it wasn't long after that that i ended up with red & blue.
    first video game acquired upon release date: pkmn gold & silver.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I remember having a Sega Genesis console at one point with a few games on it, but the first game I ever got that I can really remember was Star Fox 64 for the N64. It was a Christmas gift when I was about eight years old, I think. Despite playing it for a really long time, I never did manage to complete it. There was always that one level I just couldn't beat. I just remember having a lot of fun with it. I should probably get it for the 3DS one day now that I have a 3DS to play it on.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • What was your first video game?

Need I say more?​

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Killer Instinct. And i mean the old one on the 64. OH YEAH that was a good year.
    But after that got hooked to gore...so i played Mortal Kombat on the arcade and then and only then i met pokemon Yellow....i hate Pikachu.

Back