• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what was your hardest battle

who is better vote nowRANDOM POLL

• lugia

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • ho oh

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters

Essence

Aura L♥VE
Years
  • I hear Whitney can be a painful b**** at times, but in both HG and SS I had little to no trouble with her.

My hardest battle is right down easy to say. It's a colour, 'tis not Blue, and the colour looks red. I wonder what it could be..

Years
  • For me so far it would be Lance, as it took me about 3 runs through the Elite Four and then about 10 tries against him. After him though it would have to be Karens Houndoom, as that was a real pain to defeat. The only time I could beat it was when one of its attacks missed.
    Whitney for me was quite easy as without realising I got a female starter so it couldn't use Attract on me.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Well by the time I hit Whitney my Bayleef was coming up to level 32, so wasn't a problem. I've heard peole complaining about a few battles, but so far I haven't had much trouble with anyone.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Pssht, Whitney is dead easy if you disable her Miltank before its terror can begin. Pikachu + Static = instant death.

My hardest was Lance until I changed my tactics - I took down all three of his Dragonites with my Raichu's Volt Tackle. Hurrah for Shell Bells.

Years
  • Me an ho oh. I was trying to catch it with my pokemon, but then again I killed it. I was like arg. then I fed up with it and run away. Its still there right now though. I also weaken Entei with feraligator water gun long time ago. It have a half health. :D

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    that gym leader who would attract my starter the stomp out my next poke then attract my starter and so on intill it was just a one on one

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    My hardest was

My hardest battle was the first gym because if you didn't beat his pidgeotto fast enouth it would keep using roost >l

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Lance was the hardest for me, my Pokémon were under level but they still did an epic win.

Years
  • Yeah Miltank was hard to beat, but I would have to say Bruno and Lance were hard to beat at first. I bet Red will be super hard though D:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • the hardest for me was whitney and lance. whitney just because all of my pokemon were the opposite of her miltank so they kept falling in love.
    and lance just because his dragonites are tough

red was pretty easy but then again i traded over my trusted darkrai so that took out all of his pokemon easily.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Whitney is the worst, if you don't have any good Fighting/high defence types in your arsenal. In both the original Gold and Heart Gold/Soul Silver, she has been a pain in the rear to beat for me. What makes it worse is that her Miltank is only level 19--I felt insulted each time she beat me.

It's like her accursed Miltank never runs out of PP for the move Milk Drink.

My Togepi beat her in the end. EXTRASENSORY!

Second hardest... would be my rival. Can't remember which battle, but he owned me once. On Japanese HG. :/ Obv. Red will be the hardest, but I've never gotten that far in any of the Johto-region games. :'(

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Sadly, my hardest battle was against Falkner.
    I was terribly underleveled and my Mareep was slower, while his haxed Pidgeotto roosted making my ThunderShock useless.
    He really is a pain. I wonder where he bought his AR from ? Dept. Store ?

Years
  • I wanna say Falkner just because of his Roost spamming, but that was moreso just annoying, as I beat him in the end. The rematches with Janine can be tough if you don't pay attention, though. No battle was really all that hard, since I usually grinded before facing key trainers.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Red was obviously the toughest opponent I faced in SoulSilver. Beating his monstrous team without the help of any Legendary Pokemons was tougher than I thought.

In Silver, I had Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Raikou backing me up. Now all I have is just a bunch of underleveled Pokemons. ): It took me at least three tries to get through him. The taste of victory at the end was sweet, however.

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
  • Probably Lance. Since I didn't want to waste my time at that pathetic Game Corner trying to scrounge up enough credits to buy Ice Beam for my Feraligatr, I had to stick with Avalanche. It was pretty effective, but I thought my Feraligatr would be stronger than that. It was too long of a battle.

Back