• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was your most OMGWTF moment in D/P/Pt

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Credit to DemonPikachu115

Mine was.... when I was in Oreburgh mine and I found a regular onix and was like OMG ITS THE RAREST AND STRONGEST POKEMON THERE EVER WAS....WTF I HAVE NO POKEBALLS.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    HEH . Mine was battling with Roark ( the second time ) .
    Only brought Suicune with me and thinking I could just beat them off .
    Keep on using Surf and OHKO all of them til Tyranitar came out and I tried Hydro Pump for the finale and then
    it MISSED and I ended up getting killed by the Tyranitar . TSK
    My Suicune was level 54 at that time .

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Mine was when I had spent forever whittling down Giratina's hp on platinum, and then I was throwing Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball at it, and the crazy pokemon took recoil damage and ruined all my work! @_o And I hadn't saved before hand, and it was so sad! *sob*

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Mine was taking on Cynthia in Pearl... it was going pretty well, I was winning, then I got to Garchomp. I only had two Pokemon of high enough levels to deal with him: Palkia and Luxray. I used Spacial Rend and got his health down to less than half, and he used Dragon Rush. Bye-Bye Palkia. It then methodically decimated the rest of my (admittedly weak) team. Rather than accept defeat, I... deleted my save file :disappoin. All that hard work... and it just wouldn't pay off :(.

PachiPachi

The Pachirisu freak!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Mine was when I let my little sister play my game bacause I felt nice. She told me that she found an odd Graveler. I asked her why. She said it was brown. I asked her if she caught it and she said she ran away! AND she even saved the game! I was furious with her for running away from a shiny (even if she didn't know what it was) and now I never let her play it. I've never met a shiny since then. :-(

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
    I was at the battle frontier in one of the places it was the one where you have special conditions and that anyhow i played all the way through till i got to the woman and then she OHKOd my team completely.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    Mine was prob with a wild Bronzor xD
    It put all six of my Pokémon to slep :( and just really annoyed me .
    I was quite tired at the time and really just wanted it to die :P
    It was difficult xD , such an easy Pokémon to defeat caused me a lot of trouble :o
    I was like WTF xP

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    During Battle Frontier or whatever, where you had to fight Pearl's dad. He had one Pokemon left. I could one shot it with Draco Meteor. I miss 2 TIMES IN A ROW!!! The two misses were just enough for his last Pokemon to destroy my entire team. Bull friken horse crap.

Sir Sterling

The Knight in Shining Silver
    Years
    I can think of two.

In Diamond, I caught a Steelix. It was at level 46, and I was checking out its stats in the Pokemon Center. Most of its stats were pathetically below 90 and some even 80, but its defense was at 218! I screamed and laughed at the same time!

Also, there was the time I was training in the mountains and I caught a level 40 Abomasnow. With a Master Ball. And didn't even plan on using it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2014
    Mine was when I was Beat Cynthia,with my Dsi on red.........When it said saving I was so happy,until It turned off while it was saving.....It said Save File Corrupted......and I went back to Twinleaf!:(

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol....that's what happens once you've beat the E4, you go to Twinleaf....

....for me:

first wild pokemon on Platinum since I got pokeballs, and it's a SHINY KROCKETOT!!!!!Why did it have to be one of my least-favourite pokemon???why??

Trying to catch Regice with Premier Balls...and failing epicly.Scizor's False Swipe takes one hit to get it to 1hp, and after 20 times of it struggling and KOing, I gave up.

Oh, and on Platinum, on my current runthrough, where my Lv.18 Monferno (holding Metronome off Shiny Kricketot) 2HKOd Geodude, and 3HKOd Onix, both with Flame Wheel, then, when I decided to use Mach Punch for the first time that runthrough, I misclicked, and it OHKOd with Flame Wheel!

Now i'm at Pastoria, beaten the gym, and my current team is lulz:

Lv.46 Mew
    lv.38 Kingdra
    lv.37 Infernape
    lv.38 Bronzong (not using anymore, after it took on gyms 3 & 4 solo)
    lv.24 Eevee

Dimenticato

Bounty Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    It was my Gardevoir versus Cynthia's Garchomp.

We both had like... One hp.

I use Ice Beam, and by all the odds, I missed!

I went on to lose the battle...

CURSE YOU UNRELIABLE ICE ATTACKS!

ShadowSalamence

Fan of the Dragon Pokemon
    Years
    Here's another one:
    I was chaining for a shiny Nincada in Eterna Forest and ended up encountering a shiny Beautifly in a non-shiny patch.

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
    While I was exploring Stark Mountain, I ran into a shiny Graveler. It was the first shiny Pokemon in the wild to appear in my Pearl game. You can't imagine how exited I was. As I take my move to weaken it and catch it, the thing used Selfdestruct. I'm an unlucky person.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    mine was when i caught Dialge, Palkia and Giratina with a quick ball on the first try for all three of them. =)

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Getting Giratina in Platinum.

With a pokeball

At full health.

Back