• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was your most OMGWTF moment in D/P/Pt

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    Mine was when I got to Jubilife but didn't catch any pokemon. Dawn came up and was all like "oh let me see your pokedex! oh ... maybe you should go to the trainer school?"

WTF. D:<

Another time was when a level 12 budew who was red managed to escape my pokeball after the third wiggle ... WTF.

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    LANCET'S EPIC FAIL STORY! :

I have a few, the first was when I first realized you can have temporary trainer parters like Cheryl, was a bit disappointed when she left xP.

The next was when
    I bumped into Riley & realized his close resemblance to Sir Aaron & when he gave me a Riolu egg ^^. After that would be Cynthia turning out to be Champion, & when Palmer was the rival's father. This was back in 2006 so bear with me, haven't had much WTF moments since then lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    I have a few as well, I was at the 41st battle right before the champion and this muk comes up (which was this guys last poke) and it had minimize, acid armour, poison jab, black sludge and stentch against a tyranitar, dugtrio and a gliscor and it defeated them all I was like F*** on a F***.

The second was finding a shiny dialga and the shiny palkia and I had 99 ultra balls and 99 dusk ball ( cause it was night ) and I had no more balls in the end I went and threw my game on the floor.

The third was this 2 page action replay code which I had when I was a pussy was entered and it took me 2 weeks to enter it crashed my game and I had to start all over again.

The final one was having a level 99 garchomp which I had raised from level 1 with all ev training and run out of battery without saving. I HATED THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    I was at Battle Tower and was vsing a Cloister. It kept evading my Earthquakes and spamming Supersonic. Also my feraligatr kept missing his Waterfall. The Battle Tower is an OMGWTF moment and very disgusting.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    My friend showed me his shiny Dialga after a day. I'd been soft resetting for a shiny for like two weeks about two hours a day. D:<
    OMGWTF

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    throwing a pokeball at a graveller on my way to spear piller to use as a tm slave, then looking at it after awhile and noticed it was shiny
    and the seemeningly impossible trying to get through the battle factory. i always get decimated by the last pokemon b4 the brain. its annoying

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Nothing really involving the pokemon, but the npcs in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I laughed so hard when you first entered Oreburgh, and the guy greets you. He immediately calls you a noob. : u There's one school boy that says "Oh snap!" when you beat his Abra at the school in Jubilife.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Just about 15 minutes ago, finding a Shiny Bidoof from grinding. 8)

Ricochet Orange

The one who needed a new forum
    Years
    I was playing with some friends, I had a hacked Spiritomb with Wonder Guard. So to counteract that my friend sent out his Mew and used Transform. Of course nothing hit it, so he used all his PP on his Mew. He ended up using struggle, and surprisingly actually did damage to my Spiritomb. I forget if he won that battle. But he did take down my Spiritomb.

And NO, I do not play competitively.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
    When I First Encountered Azlef.I Had Like, 50 Ultra Balls 100 Pokeballs And 75 Great Balls.My Giratina Used Dragon Claw.Azlef Was About 5 From Being At Half HP.I Used Dragon Claw Again,Which Would Have Azlef With 10HP I Think.It Ended Up Being A Critical Hit.-_-

Next One

Aaron's Yanmega.I Was Planning To Do Draco Meteor My Way Through Him.It Missed 4 TIMES On Yanmega.Another Aaron Thing.Vespiquen's Heal Order.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
    Well, this was the most OMGWTF moment in D/P/Pt for me:

"The ring is my roiling sea. ♪
    The towering waves shaped me.
    Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake!
    Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake!
    I'm the tidal wave of power to wash you away!
    Put out the fire, Crasher Wake!
    Run from electricity, Crasher Wake!
    Ah, ah, aaaah!
    The ring is my sea. ♪"

I want a themesong too xD

Vnusaur

President of Sinnoh
    Years
    Battle Arcade:

I was playing doubles and on the 7th battle, a battle girl sent out a shiny Omastar and something else. I was like "YOU!... you... ******* A**H***!!! I'm gonna go to your house and ROB YOU, *****!!!" I'm still mad at that girl today.

Cooper

Newb Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    The most recent one was when my girlfriend was struggling against a trainer so I said id help, it was no surprise why she struggled it somehow never missed with thunder despite no help from other moves, Yet I managed to miss using slam.

Years
    Probably in the battle factory. It gave me all 1st evolution pokemon, and in my first battle i fought three final evolutions (cacturine, straptor, and something else i dont remember)

I still won though. confuse ray ftw.

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
    haha when i was chaining cofing in platinum and it selfdestricted :((

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2010
    I was battling someone's pokemon at the battle tower, i had my lv 100 latias, BUT IT KEPT MISSING CUZ THE OTHER TRAINER HAD SPAMMED SAND ATTACK!!! Also, once was on like a 62 win streak there, but the 63rd trainer had a blastiose that got crit hits on all 3 of my pokemon and killed them all UG

Back