• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was your reaction to the Sevii Islands?

Years
    Personally, I don't like them at all. Once you get all seven, it quickly becomes confusing as to what locations are on what island. I ended up getting mixed up and redoing entire islands to find stuff. They could have made it one map and I would have been happier, that way you have a better idea of what's going on. I would have preferred one big island overall though.

Dashi_sato

New ROMhacker
    Years
    i loved the sevii islands.favorite part of FRLG. I train there alot, and the addition of johto pokes was amazing, i would have liked to see them a little bigger, because they were fun as hell, including the story w/ team rocket and all.
    too bad they arent gonna be in HG/SS :(((((

Years
    Initial reaction:

Ticked at having to "work" for computer storage access. All I had was Blastoise and Aerodactyl in my party when I said yes the first time.

Later reaction:

Chansey Dance for the win!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I thought that it was pretty great, was really amazing to get that much needed training before the final gym battle.

KSR

Years
    I thought they were pretty cool a first but after awhile I got kinda annoyed of them, for no specific reason. Maybe because they are a bit long, especially the sapphire part. Dx LOL

Well anyway, I think it is a nice addition to the game and a little extra to do in the game. Also very nice areas to train and other species of Pokemon. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I only liked it because I was able to trade my favorite pokemon from my Ruby (my lvl 100 Altaria) to Fire Red.

Years
    What was your reaction to the Sevii Islands

I felt really wired, rather happy. It was something I always wanted but I thought I would feel happier. In a way I always knew they would have to be made.

Few minutes later, I went outside and did a little running

Anyway, that is only my reaction. What was yours like?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I felt they were a nice addition to a game, I also enjoyed how completion of the game required you to do some quests there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    Honestly, I don't even REMEMBER them, so it must have been a pretty small impact on me XD Pretty much, all I remember was "Awesome, somewhere else to train at and dominate >=D"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have never played FR/LG long enough to get there :p Maybe I should.

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
    I really thought they were pretty cool first, but afterall they are too short. They should have made a longer storyline for the islands.

Years
    the islands were a unique addition to the game. Moltres being ontop of a mountain instead in victory road was a surprise to me, as well as that lady who gave your starters kickass moves, but they weren't the greatest thing i came across in the games. They seemed almost as a "Filler addon" to the game to mix things up a bit.

im also not the biggest fan of FRLG either.

Back