• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was your reaction to the Sevii Islands?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • When I first played my leafgreen version and bill came running to me I was like whattt??? And when I reached one island I thought it was pretty cool. I did a lot of training in the sevii islands.

so what did you think of them?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I was kind of surprised. At first I thought they were like the Orange Islands. I did a lot and still do a lot of training there.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I thought it was great because in the original games, you had no where to train before fighting Giovanni after beating Blaine. So yeah, I spent a lot of time getting ready for the gym there. I've had such a hunch to play FRLG this week. I kinda just wanna go to the Sevii Islands...yup. That's why.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I thought they were an amazing addition to the game. After a while, I found them quite boring, but now I'm back to my original opinion, thinking that they are great.

Yeah, sorry if that was a confusing post. >.<

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • They were awesome. I enjoy small islands in general, I hope they make islands like that in some future pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hearing of it I was like "LOL LAME EXTENSION", but when I got there, it's actually a really nice region that for me seconds Jōto.

I never tried, but what happens if you say no to Bill, does he insist there and then or 'force' you again later? If so, when?

Years
  • I never tried, but what happens if you say no to Bill, does he insist there and then or 'force' you again later? If so, when?
    He'll assume you're busy, go to the Cinnabar Pokemon Center and wait for you to be ready.

They saved Kanto IMO. They really helped out the replay value for me. It was also nice to be able to obtain some Johto Pokemon.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • I kind of got spoiled on that one, because my friend got the game before me (my parents weren't about to but a hundred dollar game system and game for their six year old kid who would rather be outside pretending to be a pokemon) and she told me about it ):

Arcta

Shiny Champion - Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    b.u.m.p just here to help people bump :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    they are cool
    but nintendo could have put johto and hoenn there instead....
    But yeah i still train there now all lvl 89 training with the ladies lots of money if u used a amulet coin.

Mr. Tabachi

The Legendary Soldier of Love.
    Years
  • The Sevii Islands BEAST!!!! I play through the game just to get to them! And there's a special place just for dunsparce! AWESOME!

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I love the Sevii Islands. I was shocked at first because I had no idea that their was going to be Sevii Islands in the game. I did a lot of training there too.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I love the Sevii Islands.

I thought it was brilliant, particularly when i wandered through it the first time with no idea what i was doing, and caught a Shiny Jolly Larvitar.And when i saw a Sentret, and evolved it into Furret, i was addicted to raising it.

In fact, i like them so much i only used one poke not out of them for my 2nd E4 challenge.I used:
    Dragonite
    Tyranitar
    Furret
    Magmar

benthekid

Know one knows you like you do
    Years
  • my charmeleon evolved there.i also got my snorlax and lapras out of there pc boxs for uber adventures!

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I thought "If they could make these why not just make johto?"

Maybe they didnt have that much room in the game. Maybe they only have anough room for those Sevii Islands (which is not as big as Johto.) But idk. Thats just what I think.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    There is enough room, rom hackers have remade gold version using fire red version as the source. Oh well, they where quite cool I guess.

Hmm then maybe they needed a reason to make another game. Like HeartGold and SoulSilver. Idk there are maybe a lot of reasons. Which we may never know.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Exact thought:
    "Ugh i was expecting to be going to a different region like johto or hoenn :\ not this crap."

Back