• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was your starter pokemon?

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    My starter was a squirtel because i like hydro cannon than frenzy plant and blast burn

'Arcanine'

Personality of an Arcanine!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 6, 2006
    Smarties-kun said:
    Since when have Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Stunspore and Razor leaf (well, razor leaf isn't all that great, but the only better offensive grass move is Leaf Blade, which only Sceptile and Grovyle can learn) been bad moves? -_- It's just a matter of wether you can use the Pokémon right (which you obviously can't) or wether you think all Pokémon work with the same strategy >D
    At the start, it has rubbish attacks & you got to beat an Onix! It learn stuff like Leech Seed which takes away a bit of health which isn't really that good.

What attacks does Bulbasaur learn at around level 12?

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    My starter Pokemon in LG is Squirtle. My other fave is Bulbasaur because it can easily help to defeat the first two gym leaders.
    I like to give my starters TMs because the moves they learn now are quite rubbish.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    At the start, it has rubbish attacks & you got to beat an Onix! It learn stuff like Leech Seed which takes away a bit of health which isn't really that good.

What attacks does Bulbasaur learn at around level 12?
    Pfft... an Onix' stat line isn't really all that great, one or two Vine Whips will be enough to defeat it. Also, Leech Seed and Sleep Powder are a perfect combination, so don't you dare say Leech Seed sucks >D

Of course it's hard to train a Pokémon with such limited PP on its moves, but it's definitely worth it in the Pokéleague or at the Battle Frontier if you trade it to Emerald.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Venusaur pwns, but sadly, most people just don't understand how to use it.

It's no surprise people don't like Venusaur, I mean, look at the movesets most people give it, they are something along the lines of:

- Solarbeam
    - Razor Leaf
    - Poison Powder
    - Stun Spore

And that was one of the better Venusaur movesets I have seen, which really makes me sad ;-;
    Charmander of course, charizard rules!
    Yea, crappy defenses and a double weakness against Rock rule, not to mention it has a weakness against Water and Electric, too.
    Venusaur and Blastoise are both way better than Charizard, imo, because unlike Charizard, they can deal serious damage, but also take a lot of damage themselves.

Last edited:
    Years
    I started with Squirtle when i first got it, but then i learned the Charmander now learns Metal Claw at Lvl. 13
    Squirtle has always been my favorite starter.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    When I first started, I chose Charmander, because I just love Charizard. But that's only for looks. Nowadays, I choose Bulbasaur, because Venusaur learns the best moves from all the three, and although it has many weaknesses, it gets double STAB, in Sludge Bomb and Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder rulz even better ingame, and Leech Seed is my favourite move.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 28, 2006
    I chose charmander as my first pokemon.
    Because charizard is my favorite pokemon :)

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    My first one was Bulbasaur, mainly because I wanted to speed through the game to see all the new features, but I later restarted it and started with Charmander because I believe Charizard to be the most powerful est of the starting evolutions.

>pikajo<

Pokemon fanfic writer/illust.r
    Years
    At start?

In FR, got squirtle. LG, bulbasaur. Ruby, Torchic. Sapphire, Treeko Emerald, Mudkip. XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I started with Squirtle. I usually start off with the water pokemon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    The first time I ever played a Pokemon game it was blue, and I used squirtle, so I guess he's my favorite. I like using Vulpix or Growlithe for my fire pokemon, because they're pure fire and I like them...

Back