• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen what was your strategy on defeating Ghetsis?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • for those who were successful on defeating Ghetsis, what was your strategy and what made you successful?

what I did was I went into battle with 20 revives, and 15 hyper potions, about three different times I had to do what I called "Sacrificing Pokemon" when I was down to one or two Pokemon remaining, I just used the one I had out, and just kept reviving my other Pokemon while that was out and just let Ghetsis's Pokemon hit it and each time it was my turn I took my turn reviving a Pokemon, when I was down to 3 revives, I saw what was his next, I said outloud to my self, "I am going to sarcrifce him to bring out this (a Pokemon his was weak to) I ran out of hyper potions and revives, the battle was real close, it was neck and neck, if it weren't for Ghetsis's last move being my Pokemon avoided it, I might have lost...

interesting story, huh... tell me yours, I'd like to hear it...

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • for those who were successful on defeating Ghetsis, what was your strategy and what made you successful?

what I did was I went into battle with 20 revives, and 15 hyper potions, about three different times I had to do what I called "Sacrificing Pokemon" when I was down to one or two Pokemon remaining, I just used the one I had out, and just kept reviving my other Pokemon while that was out and just let Ghetsis's Pokemon hit it and each time it was my turn I took my turn reviving a Pokemon, when I was down to 3 revives, I saw what was his next, I said outloud to my self, "I am going to sarcrifce him to bring out this (a Pokemon his was weak to) I ran out of hyper potions and revives, the battle was real close, it was neck and neck, if it weren't for Ghetsis's last move being my Pokemon avoided it, I might have lost...

interesting story, huh... tell me yours, I'd like to hear it...

I borrowed some lvl 100 from my friend, wiped the floor with all of them.

Funny, I actually used that exact same strategy on cynthia's garchomp in pearl. I was going back and forth between my infernape and my palkia. Took at least an hour before she gave me an opening(namely, making garchomp use giga impact). Then I wiped her.garchomp out with spacial rend.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh God I really can't remember the first time I took on Ghetsis (march...? wow that's aaages).

And I know I only took on Ghetsis on Black like a month or so ago, sooo let's see. Honestly I think I used dragon breath on Zekrom, then sent out Scrafty iirc with Moxie so it kinda could defeat everything else easily. Audino and the others weren't really much use back then. XD;

Ghetsis never proved to be an issue for me surprisingly, though.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I play in an emulator, so I save slot during battle, in case I lose somehow, I load again :P haha! And the way Save Slots work are different than In-game saves, if you have no idea about Emulators, I can't really explain...srry

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • My strategy was to train stronger Pokémon than his and then just sweep him. Simple.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • Used my in-game team all Lv.50-Lv.53
    Basculin, Darmanitan, Haxorus, Excadrill, Krookadile, either Unfeasant, Scolipede, Sigilyph or Krookadile (No Zekrom)

Dr. McNinja

Sir Harold of England
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2011
    Funnily enough, I never have trouble with the final battles or gym battles, I always grind alot.

Grind, grind, grind.

Years
  • Just went for an all-out offense and revived my team if necessary. I usually don't do much other than that since (in my opinion) the games aren't hard enough to require more in-depth strategies.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I didn't actually prepare and I really don't remember him giving any trouble or being difficult lol, I did go all out on him though.

markmarke

http://Reapers.corplaunch.com/
    Years
  • that battle

i battled him to the maxed out limits until we both were down to one pokemon and with my jinx on low life and his pokemon on half life i finished his pokemon with frost breath. it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since I wanted all my Pokemon to participate in the battle, I was planning on using 1 each of my Pokemon against 1 each of Ghetsis' Pokemon (i.e. having Reshiram battling Cofagrigus and Excadrill battling Bisharp). But that didn't really work out because Haxorus was taken down by Bouffalant while Samurott was defeated by Hydreigon. But I managed to pull through in the end, even though not all my Pokemon gained EXP during the battle.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • The rest of his team was easy. It was that cheating Hydreigon that gave me so much trouble. My "strategy" was to lose once, heal, spend my entire wallet on items, save beforehand, and PRAY that it wouldn't kill my team faster than I could revive Reshiram.

Years
  • Um...
    My stratergy was one-to-one.
    Until I forgot that eelektross has levitate and left my pendoraa out.
    So it took nine turns to finish his team, rather than seven, because I had to switch because I'm an idiot.
    Confrigarius vs chandelure, buffoulant vs misenshao, seismitoad vs serperior, bisharp vs pendoraa, eelektross vs pendoraa then carracosta, sanzadoraa vs ononokusu.

Grinding is the key, really.
    I didn't even realise that the sanzadoraa was supposed to be the bane of my existence until I looked at the internet later. OHKO's all round, save for the eel.
    (or was that ten turns... ? Did I have Seienryuu at the front and have to switch to Dichou for the first move? *can't remember* Whatever)

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Blunt force trauma. I just used type advantages and duked it out with each of his Pokemon.

TY

borrowed my friends Mewtwo and Volcarona, and swept his Pokemon out of the battlefield

Back