• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen what was your strategy on defeating Ghetsis?

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Zekrom took out his hydreigon and then from there i sweeped him.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • A diverse team, careful swapping out of Pokemon and... being at Lv65. Sure, it took a lot of level grinding, but it was worth it... Ghetsis went down quite easily when I battled him. Poor guy didn't stand a chance :P

Archeops took care of Hydreigon with Dragon Claw and I just used Golurk to stall against Bouffalant. Everyone else was cake.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't entirely recall what happened in the battle, but I basically just overpowered him and made sure to use type advantages lol. Nothing special I suppose. :P

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • My usual strategy: be several levels higher than my opponent and unleash hell with type advantage. Ghestis didn't really give me much trouble; I had a full team of level 60s by that point (excluding Reshiram) and I destroyed his Hydreigon fairly easily. I was actually a little worried about it, but it didn't really prove to be much of a challenge...Marshal gave me more trouble than Ghestis did, actually.

River

Ninjah Penguin <3
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    My evil master plan...muahaha...

*borrows friend's Level 100 Landorus*
    *destroys Ghetsis*

I actually kind of regret it now. With just a little more training, my team could have beaten him easily. I was just too impatient..*sigh*

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Didn't have any trouble fighting that maniacal geezer. I slaughtered his team by utilizing type advantage.
    ...Wish he were a tougher final boss.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2011
    This was my team the first time...
    Zebstrika lvl 53
    Swanna lvl 55
    Victini lvl 54
    Simsage lvl 55
    Gigalith lvl 53
    Emboar lvl 55

It was a little tough, but I just used two or three revives and I was all set. Beat it on the first attempt.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    Lots of toxic stalling from my own Cofagrigus. His Hydreigon got raped by my Hydreigon...and I think I belly drum Darmanitan took care of the rest.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • My strategy?
    Attack, hyper potion. Attack, hyper potion. Attack, attack, revive. Attack, full restore. Attack, hyper potion. I was dangerously under leveled lol :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I didn't really use any kind of strategy, or come up with my own to be honest. It was more just an "attack kill send out" kind of thing between all of his Pokémon. I was really over-leveled when it came to battling Ghetsis, so there was no need of me to heal my Pokémon. He barely got any of my Pokémon to the red-low HP area. :(

Druddigon

Arceus Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2011
    I guess luck... I one hit KOd all of his guys...
    Honestly, I found Elesa much harder! Darn Emolgas!!!!

Years
  • I just continued spamming Emboar and Reshiram, using my 4 other weak, level 20-30's as a sacririfice to revive and heal. Luckily, i wiped out 4 of his pokemon before I lost both Reshiram and Emboar, so I had no problem with him.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
  • His Hydreigon kicked my ass over and over again. Eventually, I beat it with Reshiram. I hate that I had to rely on a legend in order to beat him.

His other Pokemon wernt much of a problem, really.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I think it was just simple grinding (pfffhaha yeah right) before the Elite Four and type advantage the hell out of his Pokemon. He was actually pretty easy to beat, even his Hydreigon got owned by my Vanilluxe.

The first time I fought against him in my Japanese copy, though, I narrowly beat him with only one survivor. In my English copy I didn't have too much of a problem.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    I spent a few days leveling up my team before even heading into the league and such.
    Got most of them close to at least level 70 and beat him easy.

dash!

Epic
    Years
  • Oh, wow.
    I opted not to train too much before taking on the Elite Four. I was impatient. I actually beat them easily, but N and Ghetsis, that's was a different story.
    I still refused to train even when I had the chance to leave the castle. Stubborn little me.
    My strategy mostly included something along the lines of attacking, healing, attacking, more healing, sacrificing to revive much more often than I should have, damn you Hydreigon can't you just die already? STOP SWEEPING MY TEAM.
    And of course: HOW DARE YOU USE THAT FULL RESTORE.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2014
    Surprisingly, I didn't have too much trouble against hydreigon even though I was underleveled.
    When I had to fight a pokemon that could 1-2 hit ko anyone, I would spam revives until that move ran out of pp

Years
  • I actually forgot about having to fight him, but I just used ridiculously high type advantage attacks. Scrafty was my m.v.p. of the whole get-go.

Back