• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was your team?

Tirion

Lint Magnet
Years
It has been many years since my original playhtroughs, so I haven't a clue what my teams were, but I can give a sort of "average" of what I've used over the years.

Gen 1

Blastoise
Arcanine
Vileplume
Sandslash
Raichu
Pidgeot

Gen 2

Meganium
Gyarados
Arcanine
Togetic
Ampharos
Miltank

That's probably pretty accurate, though I might often keep lower evolutions (Wartortle, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Bayleaf) as my whim dictated.

FSBS

Defunct
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2019
Have you ever tried randomizing Complex Crystal? I have a few times now and it's seriously friggin awesome. I find that randomizing the main series games left me with really overpowered Pokémon really early on. It occurred to me one day to see if Complex Crystal would work with Universal Pokémon Randomizer, since Complex Crystal has just about the right level/difficulty curve to compensate for randomization. It worked 100% and I've never had a more enjoyable Gen 2 experience. I recommend it!!!{:3}

Your replies totally inspired me. I just recently tried a Randomized Crystal Nuzlocke and it was pretty boring for the exact reasons you mention. So I tweaked Complex Crystal a little bit by making 2 versions, one for my laptop and one for my phone. The one on my phone chooses Gen 2 legendary trio as starters and the computer one uses Gen 1 legendary trio as starters, both came with lucky eggs (I did that with GSC StartEd) and then I decided, what the hell, replaced Pokeballs at a few marts with Master Balls (because it gets so lame trying to catch things sometimes when all you're trying to do is battle) to ease the Nuzlocke experience and then randomized the wilds and trainers, No Legendaries. With an Articuno in the laptop version and a Suicune on android I'm having more fun than I have had with a randomized in a while!

Last edited:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Your replies totally inspired me. I just recently tried a Randomized Crystal Nuzlocke and it was pretty boring for the exact reasons you mention. So I tweaked Complex Crystal a little bit by making 2 versions, one for my laptop and one for my phone. The one on my phone chooses Gen 2 legendary trio as starters and the computer one uses Gen 1 legendary trio as starters, both came with lucky eggs (I did that with GSC StartEd) and then I decided, what the hell, replaced Pokeballs at a few marts with Master Balls (because it gets so lame trying to catch things sometimes when all you're trying to do is battle) to ease the Nuzlocke experience and then randomized the wilds and trainers, No Legendaries. With an Articuno in the laptop version and a Suicune on android I'm having more fun than I have had with a randomized in a while!

That's funny because that's almost exactly how I did it. The first two times I played through Complex Crystal with a randomizer, I made Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos the 3 choices for the starters. That particular file turned out to be so good I played it twice (picking Articuno first and Zapdos second). Then I got to thinking about other starter combos I could use. I thought it'd be cool if I could combine 3 dual-type Pokémon who all had 4x weaknesses to each other. What I did was make Exeggcute, Houndour, and Poliwag the 3 starter choices. Eventually they would evolve into Exeggutor, Houndoom, and Poliwrath, who make an interesting trio of starters (I picked Exeggcute). That was a nice playthrough. Having a starter Pokémon with dual types was very handy for a randomizer. On my latest randomizer run of it, I've made Psyduck, Elekid, and Phanpy the starter choices since their final forms all come out to have between 490-500 base stat totals, so it's pretty equal. I chose Psyduck and conveniently enough, was able to find a Phanpy fairly early on in Johto. I've just beaten the E4 and Lt. Surge in that game & I think my Golduck & Donphan are around level 75.

It's really the perfect way to play Gen 2 IMO...

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
I only have few pokemon in my team, i'm too lazy to trained them. This is my team.
GSC: Feraligtr, Alakazam and Lugia.
RBY: Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax.

Years
Just beat the league in crystal with:
Feraligator
Weepinbell (could not find leaf stone, know you get one from that picnicer)
Arcanine
Wigglytuff
Sandslash
Farfetch'd (hm slave)

Back