• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What were the three legendary beasts before they were resurrected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well i was looking though bulbapedia and i saw this:
    "After Johto was created, alongside Kanto, by Groudon and Kyogre at the beginning of the universe, Pokémon no one had seen before began inhabiting the region. 1500 years before Generation I, the earliest known system for writing is developed and used at the Ruins of Alph of Johto. Archaeologists are currently unsure whether the nearly identical Unown preceded or succeeded the English alphabet, but it is assumed they share some sort of connection. Approximately 700 years ago, Tin Tower and Brass Tower are constructed in Ecruteak City, and Lugia and Ho-Oh perch at their tops. It lived on for another 550 years before Brass Tower burns to the ground, killing three Pokémon inside. Lugia flees to the Whirl Islands, Ho-Oh resurrects the three as the legendary beasts and flies off in search of a pure-hearted Trainer."

I think they were flareon, jolteon and vaporeon because in pokemon ranger you need to capture the three eeveelutions in order to get the three legendary beasts.
    But thats just my opinion... what do you think?

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
  • Uh... Entei, Raikou, Suicune?? Man... I should be more creative. >,<
    Um. Maybe they were like, Bellsprout, and couldn't move away from the fire cus they were all rooted in the... Tower floor?? LOL. I dunno. That's a really good question... I like your theory.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think that they were different pokemon, just not as strong as they were now, so yes, Entei, Raikou, Suicune.
    The legend says ho-oh gave them different forms... something like that so they couldnt just be the same pokemon

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I think that makes a lot of sense. The types match up and they kinda show some similarities.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • But it doesnt' say that they WERE different. They could've been weaker formes of the now-a-day legendaries. And why would Ho-oh resurrect (spell fail) three Eeveelutions? Why not the rest of the pokemon?
    Well if you could go around ressurecting everything that died, that wouldn't make for a very good story... Maybe Ho-oh only had power enough for three.

I really like the Eeveelution theory though.

Edit: I just thought of the Kimono girls from Ecruteak too. Most probably a coincidence that they trained Eeveelutions, but it's always something to think about.

Years
  • But it doesnt' say that they WERE different. They could've been weaker formes of the now-a-day legendaries. And why would Ho-oh resurrect (spell fail) three Eeveelutions? Why not the rest of the pokemon?

maybe they were the only ones there?

but i think its the three eeveelutions, it makes alot of sense.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I really like the idea of the Eeveelutions, but GameFreak would never devulge that information. There would be a rush of mail asking for the Beasts to be evolutions of the Eeveelutions.

Stellar

Years
  • I really like the idea of the Eeveelutions, but GameFreak would never devulge that information. There would be a rush of mail asking for the Beasts to be evolutions of the Eeveelutions.

Hopefully people would realize before then that that would completely devalue the beasts. xD

I can tell I'm out-matched. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, it's just hard for me to grasp, so I'll leave you guys (and gals) to it.

You don't have to go, this is what debate is for. o_o I can definitely see where you're coming from, I just have a different opinion.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • I have no other way of telling my opinion. If I think of something new, I'll come back. I promise! A (good) trainer never goes back on his/her word!

Why would a Vaporeon be living in a tower? Wouldn't it be in water? And Flareon gets burned to death? (Well, actually, debris could've fallen on it, but still!)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I always imagined them to be like smaller versions of the forms they have now. Like basically just three kittens/puppies that ho-oh revived into these fierce large versions of themselves with elemental powers.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    The legend says ho-oh gave them different forms... something like that so they couldnt just be the same pokemon
    They could be the same, just weirder-looking. Either that or those were the first 3 Eeveelutions...but who cares really.

And meh. Vaporeon can live in the tower, maybe it was on the top of it or w/e. And Flareon only has orange/red fur, he can burn since he doesn't have that fire-draining ability thing.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • They could be the same, just weirder-looking. Either that or those were the first 3 Eeveelutions...but who cares really.

And meh. Vaporeon can live in the tower, maybe it was on the top of it or w/e. And Flareon only has orange/red fur, he can burn since he doesn't have that fire-draining ability thing.

Ummm...his ability is flash-fire, absorbing fire attacks to strengthen itself...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Ummm...his ability is flash-fire, absorbing fire attacks to strengthen itself...
    Oh blah. Still, that could be some "sacred fire" in the "sacred tower" b/s. I think those weren't the Eevolutions anyways, I just tried to support the weird theory there.

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    Entei=Houndoom or Arcanine
    Raikou=Luxray orr manetric
    I dont have a clue about suicine

Stellar

Years
  • They don't necessarily have to have been wild and living in the tower. They could've belonged to someone living in Ecruteak.

All this gives me a pretty neat idea for a fanfic... and it would be fun to write as well with the release of HG/SS coming up so fast.

I have no other way of telling my opinion. If I think of something new, I'll come back. I promise! A (good) trainer never goes back on his/her word!

I may be late, but that's what I like to hear. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back