• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What were the three legendary beasts before they were resurrected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    *sigh* Why is it the good, very debatable topics always end up in personal bashing?

But I won't preach.

I actually never thought of the original Eeveelutions being the Pokemon Ho-oh changed into the beasts. Quite frankly, I do believe that it is a Pokemon we've heard about. I mean, three different species (or just three of one species, whatever), we've never heard about? I just don't see it. I think it was either the Eeveelutions or three of a normal-type species. Maybe three, with each one being one of the elements, but I think the Eeveelution theory makes the most sense.

I just don't know how this never managed to occur to me...

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    IT WAS THE ANON! Still got my money riding on that...lack of convincing evidence in game (though the given evidence is quite good, I will admit) to sway me so far.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    What are you talking about?
    Well if he is a Phoenix because he can revive the dead then what was he before he could revive the dead.
    Or do you believe he was created being able to revive the dead therefore he was giving the form of a phoenix.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Well if he is a Phoenix because he can revive the dead then what was he before he could revive the dead.
    Or do you believe he was created being able to revive the dead therefore he was giving the form of a phoenix.
    A phoenix is defined, at least in the West, as being able to revive others or itself. Ho-Oh matches this quality. So it's a phoenix.

The way the original statement was worded suggested that Ho-Oh is a phoenix, so it must revive beings. That's mistaken. It's like naming me "Republican" would somehow make me a Republican... Ho-Oh is a phoenix because we apply that label, not for any particularly inherent reason.

And yes, Ho-Oh was always able to revive the dead. I don't see why it wouldn't have at any point in time.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Interesting theory about the Eeveelutions being the pre-legendary dogs.
    I might say I'm quite intrigued with it. The legend has picked my interest ever since I played Silver, and I can say that it was one of the few Pokemon legends that made me wonder. I did, however, not think of the Eeveelutions as possible candidates.
    The ideas stated in this topic, such as the type, form, stance... are convincing enough for me.

As for the Nameless Pokemon... We should first define "nameless". It is either a species that hasn't been named (and thus an unknown Pokémon) or an existing kind that wasn't owned by anyone, and thus not have a given name... (thus being a wild Pokémon).
    It might make little sense and might be irrelevant, but I think you should try look at it from two sides. =/
    If it were the first option, the Eeveelutions would be out of the question, unless by then, it hadn't been discovered how Eevee's evolution works. Thus the Eeveelutions of Gen I, would be nameless Pokémon.
    If it's the second option, it could have been the Eeveelutions, who, for some reason, were in the Brass Tower when it burned down. For some reason Ho-Oh considered them important enough to resurrect them stronger than they were before, and not just the way the were before.
    For instance, they might have helped to rescue Pokémon/People from the burning tower, sacrificing their lives to save all the others present...
    As for why they were in the tower, maybe they took shelter under the protection of the Legendary Pokemon since they were hunted or they were looking for a home. They were officially wild Pokémon, and humans did not dare to touch them, affraid of angering the Guardian (Lugia in this case). Since no one officially gave them names, they remained "nameless", even though their species had a name.

I do consider calling your Pokemon by their species name giving them a name. Such as Ash calling his Pikachu "Pikachu", the name of that Pikachu is "Pikachu", wich would have the same equivalent of Ritchy calling his Pikachu "Sparky".

As for Ho-Oh being able to resurrect Pokémon... Legendary Pokémon are considered god(like creature)s, right? Well, maye Ho-oh was the god of Life and Death. To some believes everything begins and ends with Fire... which would make sense. (at least to me ^^").

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Gurls what's with all this bad karma? D: It's quite distressing to Aegis.

Basically, quit the flaming :| Consider this a verbal warning to all of you who participated. The rest of you carry on~ <3

Rage Gyarados

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    i really dont know but i think there related to the the legendary birds so something like that

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Kotowari^

While a bit of a stretch, I like the idea of the Eons being nameless as in wild, and that they were taken in by Lugia or Ho-Oh. I still like to think it ties into the Dance Studio's traditions, myself.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Wow now that is a very interesting question about the Legendary Dogs, I never really thought about it myself, but I did believe that somehow Entei, Raiku and Suicune were always some how related to Lugia and Ho-Oh. I never really thought about them having something to do with the Eveevolutions it does make sense though, since all three dogs have Fire, Water and Electric sort of powers. So it does make you wonder, but I guess you just never know. It is Pokemon after all! xD so its a very interesting theory, too bad that we may never know the real answer to that. it would be interesting :3

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I don't think so because when you think about it, the Eeveelutions really outclass the Legendary Beasts =/. Vaporeon Choice Specs is more threatening then Suicune's, and she is a better team player, with Wish, a better Gyarados counter, has access to Fake Tears for sweeping. Choice Specs Raikou has nothing on Jolteon. Entei and Flareon...well...they both suck!

Years
    Very interesting!

Just to point out, if they were different versions of themselves before becoming legendary wouldn't there be a whole species of them? It's only the legendary ones that will have one of that species so to say they were in a different version of themselves before being resurrected, they would have been legendary in the first place.

So it makes more sense to me that they were normal pokemon before they died.
    The eeveelutions make sense to me as they kept at least a small amount of attributes when becoming more powerful.

And why would Ho-Oh resurrect some lowly beings? It wanted some slaves of course!
    In seriousness, I think it is somewhere along the lines the pokemon got trapped in the tower and it resurrected because it's nice like that.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    think about it: it was originally entei, suicune, and raikou and the got burned and died and ho-oh resurected them and they are considered legendary because they were revived

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmmm....i reckon nintendo'll reveal it all in Gen.5.........

Na, just kidding.Nintendo aren't so kind.And everyone'd hate what they explained it as anyways

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Hmmm....i reckon nintendo'll reveal it all in Gen.5.........

Na, just kidding.Nintendo aren't so kind.And everyone'd hate what they explained it as anyways
    I am 95% sure there's a clause to being a Pokemon fan somewhere that you're obligated to ceaselessly complain about at least one thing from the series.

Hrmm... I'd rather they not be the 'eons. People tend to complain about how much attention they're given already, actually making them central to the storyline in some way seems like a bad idea. I feel that they were just unnamed, weaker, non-legendary versions of what they became. Then Ho-oh came along and brought them back with new powers and probably immortal and stuff. (With the power of the Time Vortex. That's right, the beasts are the Pokemon version of Captain Jack Harkness. Calling it right here.)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    My belief is that they were three nameless Pokemon (I'd say 3 of the same species, and a species we probably have never encountered before as they're said to be "nameless") As coolcatkim22, I think Ho-Oh resurrected them into Legendary Beasts based on the three main elements that related to the Tower's downfall. The three beasts also resembling dogs, and it's widely accepted that dogs are brave and caring animals; they might have been killed while they were helping other Pokemon out of the building, ultimately sacrificing themselves. Ho-Oh saw Entei, Raikou and Suicune as the appropriate forms to bring these dead Pokemon back into (as Bulbapedia mentions, it's believed that these three legendary dogs are not the only ones of their species. Meaning of course that there are more than one of them.)

Lots of possibilities of course and the Eevee evolution trio makes sense, but for some reason I can't see that as being the appropriate answer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back